Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

No longer receiving subscription emails

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

No longer receiving subscription emails

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:49 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No longer receiving subscription emails

Starting earlier this week I stopped getting email notifications of new posts to the threads to which I am subscribed. Is this a known technical issue, or have I done something to earn the rath of RCU? [:@]

TIA for your help!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: No longer receiving subscription emails

First question is what server are you on? Click MAGAZINE at the top of the page and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. There you will find out what server you are on.

Second question is whether your email provider changed anything recently? New SPAM filter updates etc.?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 PM
GalenB

ORIGINAL: Nathan

First question is what server are you on? Click MAGAZINE at the top of the page and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. There you will find out what server you are on.
Is this what you are looking for?

RCU3 | 216.160.109.91 | 8537 | 1 | 12:04:43 AM EST | YC

ORIGINAL: Nathan

Second question is whether your email provider changed anything recently? New SPAM filter updates etc.?
No new email address, providers, or spam filters (of which I know)...

TIA!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:06 PM
GalenB

This problem persists... Any ideas why this is happening?

TIA!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Try sending yourself a test from the forum by forwarding a thread with the Fwd icon. If it works, the subscriptions should work and I'll have to dig deeper into why they're not. If it doesn't work, it's something on your end; most likely with your ISP or email provider.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:43 PM
GalenB

I was able to forward this thread to myself at my subscription email address...

GalenB from RC Universe Discussion Forums - Discuss RC cars, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes, manufacturer direct support and more. forwarded a message to you at 3/25/2008 6:42:15 PM:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No longer receiving subscription emails - by GalenB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting earlier this week I stopped getting email notifications of new posts to the threads to which I am subscribed. Is this a known technical issue, or have I done something to earn the rath of RCU?

TIA for your help!

----------- End of Message -------------

The message can be located at:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7262251

AOL users click <a href="http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7262251">here</a> to view the thread

=========================================
RC Universe Discussion Forums - Discuss RC cars, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes, manufacturer direct support and more.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/
=========================================
Old 03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
GalenB

Bump!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 PM
GalenB

Oh well -- since this doesn't appear to interest anyone I guess I won't be spending much time on RCU... The other RC sites are still sending me email notifications when my subscription threads receive replies so I will be spending my time there...
Old 04-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Nathan
Administrator

I don't have an answer for this at this point. It seems isolated to your account. The only suggestion I would have right now is to remove a few subscriptions and try to subscribe again. There have been no other reports regarding this matter, everything looks right with your account so I don't have much else to go on.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:16 PM
GalenB

Okay -- I'll try removing some subscriptions... However, I know there are many users with more subscriptions than I have. Also -- is there a difference between "subscribe to this thread" versus replying to a thread? I see many folks replying to a thread with "Interesting... Adding subscription..."...
Old 04-04-2008, 01:29 PM
GalenB

Okay -- I removed about a 100 thread subscriptions and unsubscribed from all of my forums... I did this yesterday and as of now there has been no change and no email from RCU...
Old 04-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Nathan
Administrator

You must click the link in order to subscribe, posting about it does nothing.

Now that you have removed a few subscriptions, take the opportunity to subscribe to some again and to some forums of interest. See if you get notifications from those threads or forums. This thread for example would be a good place to start. Also, review your email subscription preferences by clicking MY ACCOUNT at the top of the page to see what exactly you should be receiving.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Also, just for fun, check your spam filter and spam box for your MSN email to ensure these emails aren't being removed before hitting your inbox.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:19 PM
GalenB

Okay. I have removed my old subsription to this thread and re-subscribed... I also checked my spam filter and set it to accept all email from rcuniverse.com...
Old 04-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Empennage Gunner
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: GalenB

Okay. I have removed my old subsription to this thread and re-subscribed... I also checked my spam filter and set it to accept all email from rcuniverse.com...

I too have noticed the same problems as GalenB. Its not isolated to just one account. I'm sure their are others
as well. I have been viewing my subscribed activity thread link on RCU to find what I've been missing in my
inbox via email. [:'(]
Old 04-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Nathan
Administrator

I guess the good news for you guys is RCU is in the planning stages of migrating to a new platform. I realize that doesn't help you now, but it should resolve all these little quirks various members seem to acquire.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 AM
mydartswinger

I too have been experiencing this issue for a year or 2 now. I haven't posted about it until now because I can usually just check back on the threads that I post in. I went from receiving hundreds of e-mails per week from RCU to only receiving the RCU newsletter occasionally. I use Yahoo Mail, which does not delete "Junk" e-mail, but instead puts it in a "Spam" folder for me to review. I have not gotten any RCU mail in that folder. I have also successfully forward a thread to myself. Here is the server information as described above: RCU2 | 65.191.46.75 | 105032 | 1 | 09:15:21 AM EST | YC. I have also periodically unsubscibed and re-subscribed to threads/forums to no avail. I also click on the "Notify me via e-mail when someone replies" check box every time I post. I have all but given up on receiving thread/forum subscription e-mail from RCU. Hopefully this issue will get resolved. Thanks for looking into it.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:25 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those where it does not work try forwarding this thread to yourself as described above to see if you get it. if not then your spam filter or isp is filtering us. if you do get it then check your account preferecnes to ensure you have not set anything to not have us send you email subscriptions.

the setting you should have selected in your forum settings is "Notify me once per thread until I visit the thread again or until I visit the board the next time"

please report back if this is the case.

marc
Old 04-14-2008, 02:58 PM
GalenB

I''ve done all of these things and I am still not receiving emails... I''ve been recieving subscription notifications for years and then one day nothing from then on...
Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
mvigod
Banned

Certain threads may not notify on subscription. typically very large threads we have seen this issue. if you have small threads like this one that won''t notify you then something is wrong. many of these issues will be addressed in our upgrade coming this quarter

marc
Old 04-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Empennage Gunner
My Feedback: (11)

Marc,

Keep us posted on when this upgrade will take effect as it cannot come soon enough...IMO ~ Wade

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Certain threads may not notify on subscription. typically very large threads we have seen this issue. if you have small threads like this one that won't notify you then something is wrong. many of these issues will be addressed in our upgrade coming this quarter

marc
Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 PM
mvigod
Banned

Will do. My programmer is on the migration now and working on it. I too am looking forward to the benefits of the upgrade. Features, security, etc
Old 06-24-2008, 12:28 PM
GalenB

I am still not receiving email notifications...
Old 06-24-2008, 03:17 PM
mvigod
Banned

still working actively on our migration to vbulletin. I still think your issue is somewhere on your end and that our servers are dispatching emails to you
Old 06-24-2008, 03:18 PM
mvigod
Banned

BTW you can test if it is us or something else by using a gmail or yahoo email and seeing if it gets through. if so then you know it is something with your current provider blocking or your local setup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.