Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Approx. 30 days Timeline to Edit Post

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Approx. 30 days Timeline to Edit Post

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Approx. 30 days Timeline to Edit Post

As I understand it, RCU has a set time line in which users can edit their post. This limit takes place approximately one month after the post in submitted.

I am the author of a stickied thread in the Boating - Speed Electric forum on RCU. This thread is very informative and has aided several RCU members / non-members. The issue is I am no longer able to edit this post. Additional information can be added as well as old information must be updated.

I’ve seen in other forums that admins have given a user the ability to edit and also moderate a specific thread. That would be one they have created similar to mine. Could this be made possible by chance? Or could it be possible for me to have access to edit my thread without this restricted time limit?

Thanks
Ryan
Old 07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Approx. 30 days Timeline to Edit Post

Ryan,
 I'm not sure what thread or threads you are referring to, but that's not the case. There is no way in the RCU system for a user to be able to edit their post after the system has locked it. The only way a thread can be changed after that is by  a Moderator for that forum, a Community Moderator, or and Administrator to make the changes in the thread. There are many threads on RCU that are similar to yours where the member simply submits the needed changes to the moderator for that forum and they make the changes for them. I would suggest that this may be the best solution for you here as well. Justaddwatta and Dreaminhemi are the two Moderators for the Boat Forums. Send the changes to your thread to them and they will be able to take care of it for you.

Ken
Old 07-28-2009, 08:33 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Approx. 30 days Timeline to Edit Post

it is set to 60 days for editing now...so you have 2 months to edit/update. we did this because it is a safety valve for rogue members