Go Back  RCU Forums > FPV (First-Person View) RC Aircraft Flying and RC Vehicle Operation. > FPV Equipment
Reload this Page >

Any tips for pulling video feeds out of an analog receiver?

Community
Search
Notices
FPV Equipment Talk about equipment used for First-Peson View Flying.

Any tips for pulling video feeds out of an analog receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 11:04 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any tips for pulling video feeds out of an analog receiver?

I've got one of my cars rigged for FPV, and while it's pretty awesome, it's a bit annoying to have to go into the unused TV room and fire up the ancient CRT to see the picture. I can't record it, either. My current receiver only outputs an analog monaural signal across a composite video connector and one RCA audio connector.IS there any way I can view the feed on my PC in real time without excessive latency, and thus record it? Or am I stuck waiting for the $$$$$$$$ to show up for me to afford a digital output receiver/some goggles?
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 11-14-2019, 04:53 PM
ican3d

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 378
I've got one of my cars rigged for FPV, and while it's pretty awesome, it's a bit annoying to have to go into the unused TV room and fire up the ancient CRT to see the picture. I can't record it, either. My current receiver only outputs an analog monaural signal across a composite video connector and one RCA audio connector.IS there any way I can view the feed on my PC in real time without excessive latency, and thus record it? Or am I stuck waiting for the $$$$$$$$ to show up for me to afford a digital output receiver/some goggles?
If you need to put FPV video feed on your PC real time you can use EASYCAP DVR USB video capture and converter which used widely by FPV pilots to view and record on computer as per-attached.
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Mauronic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can but a USB FPV receiver. It appears as a webcam to any computer.

It's good for spectating and recording but the latency is too high to control from it.