Go Back  RCU Forums > FPV (First-Person View) RC Aircraft Flying and RC Vehicle Operation. > FPV Talk
Reload this Page >

Welcome to our new FPV (First-Person View) Forums

Community
Search
Notices
FPV Talk The forum is FPV pilots and enthusiasts to talks about subjects that don’t quite fit into any other forum.

Welcome to our new FPV (First-Person View) Forums

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:08 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Welcome to our new FPV (First-Person View) Forums

Welcome to RC Universes new First-Person View (FPV) Forums. In the past we had one single forum that covered all aspects of FPV as well as Drone RC Flying, but with the explosion in popularity in FPV now it's well past the point that we can contain all of FPV discussions in just one forum. Because of this we have now expanded our coverage of the FPV hobbies to it's own section within RC Universe. We also realize that FPV is not just limited to Drone operation, but can also include FPV operation of different RC aircraft as well. Those areas are welcome to be discussed here as well. We have tried to include many different areas to cover all areas of the FPV hobby so that everybody can find what they are looking for with ease. But we realize that the FPV hobby is new and that it's still growing, so if our members find and area that we need to add to the FPV section please feel free to contact us and we'll be more than happy to address those needs.
We invite you to sit back and enjoy our new FPV sections.

Ken
Old 11-23-2016, 09:45 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Ken , Congratulations on the new FPV sub forum and I hope it becomes popular . If I may suggest one consideration , I see that the heading and title refer to "FPV flying" , and I wonder if a non flying sub forum would attract the folks who put cameras on their RC trucks & RC robots ? I guess pretty much most FPV is of the flying type but I do wonder if folks do put FPV equipment on ground based RC vehicles enough for it to be a viable sub forum ?
Old 11-23-2016, 10:29 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Ken , Congratulations on the new FPV sub forum and I hope it becomes popular . If I may suggest one consideration , I see that the heading and title refer to "FPV flying" , and I wonder if a non flying sub forum would attract the folks who put cameras on their RC trucks & RC robots ? I guess pretty much most FPV is of the flying type but I do wonder if folks do put FPV equipment on ground based RC vehicles enough for it to be a viable sub forum ?
That's actually a very good point that I had not taken into account when I set up the forum. I did take account that FPV was more than just Drones in that it would include airplanes and helicopters as well, but I didn't even think about ground vehicles at all. And what's funny is that I subscribe to a YouTube channel of a guy that makes and publishes FPV videos of running his truck around his neighborhood. So it should have been on my mind. I'll have to figure out the best way to word it so that it's all inclusive and get the changes made. As I started moving threads over this morning I've already found that the sub-forums that I have set up are not enough and I will need to setup a couple more sub-forums to cover everything under the FPV forums.

I appreciate the helpful note.

Ken
Old 11-23-2016, 12:11 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Your Welcome and I truly applaud your effort to make the FPV forum a nice place for FPV to be discussed . It's funny , what got me to thinking about FPV beyond the flying realm was that some time ago a grandnephew on a family visit showed me his remote controlled Robot named "SpyKee" which was basically a remote controlled webcam that he ran from his laptop computer . He could drive the Robot anywhere he wanted to (couldn't do stairs though) and see whatever the Robot was seeing and could also broadcast his voice through the Robot using a microphone plugged into the laptop . We had lots of fun that afternoon driving the rest of the family nuts with the cool little RC Robot , driving it into the kitchen and commanding it's human servants to surrender their chicken wings or else ! He was pretty good at fetching a Beer for his uncle as well
Old 02-13-2017, 04:27 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the new forum Ken !
Old 03-13-2022, 09:25 PM
Signwiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPV CrAZY

Hi Everyone

My first general post on the FPV section. I've been a pioneer in FPV since 2006. Have many aircraft flown with live feed video.

Why I'm posting. The semi New HD systems are revolutionary. Hopefully with the ease of these systems many more people can get into the fun.

Just wanted to say HI in the community , meet New friends and see lots of OLD friends here. Already seen a few.

Jeffery