Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T14MZ display.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 02:59 PM
donskills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T14MZ display.

Greetings,
I am an avid Futaba flyer since 1998 and I bought myself a T14MZ in 2006 as a 40th bithday present to myself as I take my hobby very seriously. Especially at that time, back in 06 there were not many units in Stockholm, Sweden where I am from, in fact I am to this date one of only two in my flying club who has one and so have not until quite recently been able to compare my set with any others or read about similar cases on forums. Case being that my touch screen has been unresponsive since day one and no amount of calibration does any good. Me and the other T14 owner went to see the authorized Futaba service engineer for a special calibration this summer but it made no noticeable difference. We asked about the possibilities of a screen exchange like I have read Pilots from the US and as late as yesterday Denmark have received but he told us that it would cost us in the region of kr2,353.57 for a new screen. I am reluctant to even program the radio now as excessive force is really the only way to work most of the screen, but the right hand edge of the screen is ridiculously insensitive. I can get by with the wheel on a lot but setting up line or spline curves is a major pain and I am reluctant to do it. It was to avoid all such issues I made this investment in the first place and I am thus a bit disappointed. The Futaba distributor in Sweden cares only about his own pocket IMHO and is unapproachable in this matter, hence this letter. Hopefully something positive might result as I really, really love the radio in all other aspects and have read on forums from pilots who have had their screens replaced that the newer ones are exactly what one would expect of the Top RC transmitter in the world.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: T14MZ display.

For help with your regional distributor, you would have to contact Futaba Corporation directly. They may be able to help you.

Futaba World Headquarters
Makuhari Techno-Garden B6 1-3 Nakase
Mihama-ku, Chiba, Chiba Prefecture 261-8555
Telephone: +81-43-296-5119
Fax: +81-43-296-5124
Old 11-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Allan B

I've got the same problem as many others have too [&o]
Found a new screen here: http://www.rcmodelcentre.co.uk/T14MZ...rod_13803.html
REMEMBER to buy a new rubber-sealing too!

But then I'll have to exchange the screen myself and the price is almost as high as above mentioned []
I'm using the scrool-wheel alot, but would still like to be able to use the touch-screen without breaking it.

Really a POS-display Futaba has put in this high-end radio. They're usually not like this!

I'll have to see if I've got money enough for a new display after buying christmasgifts?!?

Regards from Denmark
Allan B
Old 11-04-2011, 10:25 AM
jkhorvath
My Feedback: (1)

I recently sent both of my 14 MZ's into the Futaba Support Center and had both touchscreens replaced. They both came back with new touchscreens. The new touchscreens are extremely nice! Both of my old touchscreens were unusable, however, now I look forward to using the touchscreen rather than the scroll wheel. Programming the 14 MZ is remarkably nice with a usable touchscreen.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 AM
dslivingston
My Feedback: (46)

I recently returned my 14MZ for a complete check checkup. They replaced the screen, all pots and change out a switch to three positions as requested. The new screen actually works as expected as a touch screen but my brightness control has no effect. I cannot see the screen at all in sun light unless the sun is at my back lighting the screen. I do not believe this is normal, but I have not used another 14MZ to compare. Your comments would be appreciated. I have an 18MZ ordered but will not accept it if this is still the case.

Thanks,
David S Livingston