Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

8FG Super Question!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:15 PM
skillet92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8FG Super Question!

I have a JR 10X PCM radio. I am wanting to switch to 2.4 and because I don't want to have to deal with satellite receivers I am thinking of going Futaba! I like the cost and features of the 8fg super. What I do not under stand is that as an 8 channel radio it is marketed as having 14 total channels(12 proportional and 2 switched) I don't understand how to use the other channels??? Can I buy a 10 channel receiver and use the last two?? I ask because my last plane that I lost to radio interference( Hence the reason for the switch from 72 to 2.4) had 8 channels used and then the battery plugged in! Throttle, aileron mixed with aux 1, elevator, rudder, flap mixed with aux 2, and gear! plus battery plugged in. If i got the 8 fg Super would I have to y out one of the mixes??
Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 8FG Super Question!

HUH? We're not sure of your question. If you have the 8FG set up for 14 channels, you use the 14-channel receiver and get all the functions. That particular receiver has a separate battery slot.

We don't know what you mean when you ask about "y out one of the mixes".
Old 08-23-2011, 06:39 AM
skillet92

I guess I may be unclear in what I need to know. When I read the instructions it says something about a S bus for the other channels or am I not understanding. I am trying to under stand how you have an "8 channel" radio that can control 14 separate channels. My jr 10x has ten and no more. So you are saying that for my wardirds that have anywhere from 8 to 10 separate servos that i like to run on all thier own channels for independent adjustment I can just use a 10 channel reciever and hook up just like my pcm jr 10x?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:30 AM
skillet92

Hey guys I got a pm that explained what I was asking. I was just not sure about the s bus system and if that was how you used the 9_14 channels. I was told that no I could also use a 10, 12, or 14 channel reciever. That is great. I have placed one on back order. Hope I like it as much as my 10x.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:26 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I understand futaba modified the software for the TX 8FG so that all the (Switches,sliders and variable control nobs) add up to 12 or 14 CH. But Ch13 and 14 Only accessible by S-BUS totalling 14CH. You will need a 12 ch receiver to access these channels. (Y) won't work But i could be wrong.

I my self was holding on to my JR9303 72 Mhz radio, but due to pressure from friends and events I'm force to switch to 2.4Mhz. I recently bought the futaba super 8FG and find JR Radio much easier to setup Stuff like Delta wing is flying wing, Still cant find the Mix menu and where the Hell is the dual rate still read the manual.

MY OPINION