Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

FP-R127DF receiver battery reversed!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 05:53 PM
rjmech
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FP-R127DF receiver battery reversed!?

Yep I am another dummy that accidentally hooked up my receiver battery up backward. I did a search of the rcuni. forums and saw a few people that did the same thing, and they all were blaming the battery packs and what not, no one seemed to know what was actually damaged to the RX. I can see how it melted the battery wiring due to two of the pins in the pcb are on the same runner. So I soldered 1 pin back in so I will never have this problem again (and promptly removed the unused pins from my other receivers). I inspected both of the pcb and did not see any burnt runners or signs of heat damage, I checked a few diodes and all were fine. I plugged in a another battery and nothing its dead. So what I am wondering is what did I damage? Can you tell me or do I have to send it in. I would rather fix it myself since I have the ability, or could I get wiring schematic for it?
Thanks for your help
Thaddeus
Old 08-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Krysta

Hi Thaddeus,

If the battery was plugged into the battery jack on the R127DF receiver with the red wire on the center pin and the black wire on the pin closest to the receiver label then the trace will be burnt between the two pins but no other damage should occur. If the receiver was hooked up so that the red lead was on the outside pin and the black wire was on the center pin several components could be damaged and unit should then be sent in for service.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Also you may want to check our Website at (http://www.futaba-rc.com)
Old 08-25-2003, 11:49 PM
rjmech
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for your prompt reply...Yes the runner was burnt between the 2 posts closest to the label. When I soldered the the one battery post I reconnected the two posts over the burnt runner and it still seems like it is dead. So I might toss it since I had to replace the antenna last year and it was in 1 crash.
Thanks
Thaddeus