Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T6J aileron & elevator mixing issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:12 PM
mroumieux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T6J aileron & elevator mixing issue

Hello,

Could someone please comment on following ?

I have a Futaba T6J and trying to configure a Simprop Extra plane on this TX.

It has 1 digital servo for each aileron and the same for each elevator (lef/right).

In order to avoid Y cables etc is it possible on this TX to program 2 separate channels for each control surface (4 in total) so that
the ailerons move correctly and the elevator surfaces as well ?

I understood that the programmmable mixers (PMX1/2) can be used for this but can't seem to make this work.

I've configured PMX1 for the elevators (channels 2 -master & 5 - slave) and PMX2 for the ailerons (channels 1 & 6) however neither seem to work correctly.

The left elevator moves correctly (after having reversed the channel) but the right elevator is not moving at all. The channel 5 switch makes the right elevator move though.
This seems a bit dangerous to me as well if the channel 5 switch would be able to influence the mixing when in flight ...

Same for PMX2 (channels 1 - master & 6 - slave) for the ailerons, stick left (TX in mode 2) makes the left aileron move correctly but no response from the right aileron; stick right does generate opposite
movement of the ailerons in the correct direction. The channel 6 know makes the 2nd aileron move individually.

I've also read in a post on this forum that the flaperon function should be used for aileron mixing (manual page 42) so I'm getting confused here.
And if there's only 1 flaperon function to my knowledge so what about the elevator ?

Some people told me using Y cables is not as good as programming the TX, is this correct / what is the reason for this ?
I guess if there's no way to set up the T6J for my plane I don't really have an alternative than using Y cables or would a more advanced TX be more suitable ?

Any help / advice for setting this up would be great ! I've checked all the posts on this forum but couldn't find any similar ones.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Marc Roumieux

Old 06-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: T6J aileron & elevator mixing issue

For two aileron servos controlling the ailerons, you use the flaperon function, but do not activate the flap trim. In the Flaperon function, you can adjust the amount of movement for the ailerons, even setting up differential. Please see the instruction manual about the Flaperon function.

To use two channels for elevators, you use a mixer to mix the second elevator channel as the slave to the first channel. However, you will not have trim available on the second elevator channel, since it won't work through the mixer.

Usually, to tun off the switch on channel 5, you use another mix and make Channel 5 as both master and slave. All movement should be set to -100%. That usually allows the control to be active without having the channel 5 switch affect it.