Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9C Super Flap set up

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Albatross1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C Super Flap set up

Hi,

I am trying to set up flaps (not flaperons) for the first time on my 9C Super and I was hoping to trouble you guys for a cookbook set of programming steps to make the channel setup and programming easy. I'm doing this with a friends borrowed plane to get it figured out but I'd like to use the same approach on future planes that I'll get (either warbirds or full house electric sailplanes)

- I am using a 9CAP Super with an R168DF receiver

- flaps are currently plugged into channels 5&6, or I could put them into 6&7 or I could Y them into either 5, 6 or 7 (I'm using a friends plane and he has the ailerons Y'd which I don't normally do, and I'd like to save channel 5 for gear later, so if I can put flaps into 7 [or 7 & 8 if possible?] and use the program in my future planes, that would be preferable)

- so far I am using Acro but I'm starting to wonder if I should be using one of the Gldr model types?

- can you tell me which channels to plug the various servos into?

- can you also tell me the programming steps for the flaps alone, step by step? (I've got Ms Cross' book which gives an example using offset and linking which I've never used before, but it's not working for me. The example is on pg 103, Table VII Dropping Flaps/Flaperons on a Switch. I followed the example to the letter but the servos don't move at all)

Thanks for any wisdom you can bestow on me, and sorry if this one is pretty elementary.

enjoy
Dave

Old 09-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 9C Super Flap set up

What, exactly, do you want to do? That is, how do you want the flaps to work? Your note is a bit confusing, since it doesn't ask, specifically, what you want to do. There is a variety of ways to do things, and there is no "proper" method.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Albatross1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bax,

Thanks for responding. Sorry if I was a bit vague but I haven't set up flaps before and the stuff I've read about offsets and links etc is all new to me ... and not intuitive to me.

Basically, I would like to set up my 9C Super so that I can put flaps on Switch C and drop them to three predetermined positions (eg. zero flaps, say 15% flaps and say 30% flaps for starters). Could you give me the step by step steps to do this so I'm sure to get it right?

I'd like to use whatever mix (or set of mixes) for 3 position flaps on any planes that will have flaps, which would be either warbirds or sailplanes. For a full house sailplane, I would also want to do crow and butterfly but I'd be using one of the glider setups for that plane. Hopefully whatever you suggest for the 3 position flaps could also be applied to the glider modes?

With that in mind, let's assume I have the following setup:

Channel 1 Aileron 1
Channel 2 Elevator
Channel 3 Throttle (my sailplanes would be electric so I'd still be using the throttle stick)
Channel 4 Rudder
Channel 5 Gear
Channel 6 Aileron 2
Channel 7 flaps - either with a 'why' or somehow linked to channel 8 so I could get individual servo adjustment from sub-trim

The only other variation I could see right now is, once flaps are set up, is to put a master-slave arrangement on a switch that slaves flaps to aileron movement to make full width ailerons. Ok, I guess there's a few other things that could be done too, but know how to do these things will set me up for anything else I'm sure.

One last indulgence: For the above 3 position set up, could the 'flap trim' rate be set up so I could adjust it from one of the dials? (I read earlier that the Flap Trim menu setting only applies to flaperons, which i have working on my sailplane now).

Thanks for your patience.
Dave
Old 09-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Please check our 9C FAQ page. Lots of them deal with flaps:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c.html