Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba R617FS receiver problem. Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM
brokenblades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba R617FS receiver problem. Need Help

I purchased a new R617 FS receiver on line in back in Jan or Feb but due to medical issues I have been down and away from rc for more then 7 months but I'm able to get out again and now able to complete my plane. I remembered trying out my new receiver prior to installing it before I fell ill and it worked fine but I forgot to unplug the 2s lipo battery at the esc and it stayed connected for at least 6 months. Needless to say I ruined the battery and it had to be replaced. Now I can not get the receiver to bind with my 6EX transmitter. After pressing the easy bind button on the receiver, the red led continues to blink red. My transmitter will bind with my friends R617 receiver but his transmitter won't bind with my receiver either. Did I ruin my receiver by leaving the battery connected? I can not find my receipt and I don't remember who I purchased it from. Is it possible to send it to Futaba for repair? Would it be considered warranty? I need some advise please. Thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 08:16 AM
allelectric

Default RE: Futaba R617FS receiver problem. Need Help

Hi,
Jeff, here bummer! I have several 617's and the are great rx's. I have not heard of this BUT its totally possible it took the receiver. I would call futaba directly and see if they will exchange it just to find out what happened. Being that your TX will bind with other rx's tells me its done. Please note "you are lucky" exhausted lipo will start a fire. How is the esc? I use a high power discconnect even when testing.

And May All YOur Landings Be Smoooooth !
Old 10-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We'd not know why your receiver is not linking with the transmitter. You'd need to send it to us. If your transmitter will link with other receivers, then you'll know it's not the transmitter's fault. If the receiver's blinking red and your transmitter is on, then the receiver's not getting a signal.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 AM
brokenblades

Thanks Bax for your reply. I will ship it in for repair in the morning.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Moggy
My Feedback: (9)

What if it is new? Mine won't link to my receiver and it's right out of the box.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have a new system, and you're doing the linking procedure correctly, and it won't link, then send the equipment to the service center to have it looked at.

8FG transmitters and higher need to be set to the 7-channel mode to link to the R617FS receiver. If you have a transmitter with the TM-8 module, it also needs to be set to 7-channel mode. 6-channel and 7-channel transmitters, and the TM-7 module are in 7-channel mode, only,

We'd need to see everything invovled: transmitter, module (if applicable), and receiver.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Moggy
My Feedback: (9)

Duh, I guess I had a senior moment, thanks for the reply.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Chuck54sd

What Bax said....

Had the same problem.... 1st time I turned on the radio....Actually HAD to read the manual.

If you have a 7 channel Rx or less you need to switch the FREQUENCY setting to "7CH"

If you are using the 8 channel Rx.....set FREQUENCY to "MULT"

FREQUENCY is on the Link menu

-Chuck
Old 12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
bestobdii
Banned

i like <a href="www.shopobd2.com" target="_blank">OBD2</a>