Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

18 mz programmable mix lockup event

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 05:31 PM
topiwala

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 18 mz programmable mix lockup event

Hi,
Im using my 18mz in a jet with dual 6014 rxs into a powerbox.The system is setup with a prog mix for the nosewheel steering and the rudder, and also another mix for brakes with elevator(down). both come on with 'down' gear.
The jet has had 30+ flights on it with absolutely no issues. However a strange thing happened today.

On my last flght of the day, after touching down, i went on to apply brakes, but no joy. also couldn't steer the model.

Upon close inspection, I found that the two prog mixes weren't working, even when they are suppose to. I cycled the landing gear, and then they started working again. I was able to replicate the issue just once more after that on the ground. But never again. There was no conclusive evidence on why this happened.

The mixes seem to be working fine now.

I know 120% that there is no other switching influencing the mixes, nor is there any rx lock up.

So what could that be?

Rgds

Mayur

Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 PM
topiwala

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 18 mz programmable mix lockup event

Be really good if anyone can share any similar experience on the 18 or any other setup such as the 12z or the 14mz etc.
I still haven't been able to replicate the above fault. 
Just concerned that it may happen again when I'm flying...

Old 04-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 18 mz programmable mix lockup event

Unfortunately, it's not something we've seen. If it happens more than once, we'd suspect something in the memory or processor hardware. If it only happens once, we could only chalk it up to being some kind of random glitch that affected the model at that time. No way to tell unless it happens more than once, and can be easily found by a service technician. If you find that it happens when only certain conditions apply, then there's something to go by in locating the particular difficulty.