Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Max voltage limit for Fut SBD-1 S-Bus decoder?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 02:06 AM
dawg2067

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max voltage limit for Fut SBD-1 S-Bus decoder?

Today I was setting up a Futaba SBD-1 S-Bus Decoder using a R7008SB rx, Fut BLS155 servos and a 2-cell A123 battery (I use nothing else).

After several hours playing with it, the SX3 channel stopped working, apparently permanently. Switching in other BLS155s didn't fix SX3, and the servo that was on SX3 when it failed still works fine on the other two channels.

I haven't been able to find a max voltage spec for the SBD-1, but if it's less than 6 volts, I guess it couldn't handle the the approx 6.3 volts from the A123. I wasn't expecting that because the R7008SB and the BLS155s have all worked for over a year on A123s with absolutely no problems.

What say Bax... you agree I smoked it?

Cheers
Dawg
Old 12-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually, without seeing the unit, we'd not know why it failed. People have commonly used 5-cell NiCd or NiMH packs, so we don't see how a 2-cell LiFE pack would cause a problem. You may just have had a random failure.