Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Telemetry and Failsafe activation

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 05:25 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Telemetry and Failsafe activation

Currently there is not a way to have a telemetry threshold activate a failsafe. There are many sensors now that would make such a feature advantageous.

Jeti currently offers this but I'm a believer in Futaba products. I love the 18MZ but these improvements in software MUST be made.

An an air system pressure sensor is needed to monitor up to three separate pneumatic systems. There are single system sensors available but none that allow for multiple systems. Again this air pressure could activate a gear down failsafe ect.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:14 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is not a feature offered by Futaba. Failsafe only activates in the aircraft upon loss of control signal. We can pass your suggestion to Futaba, but we'd not know whether they would implement it.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:58 AM
757Driver

Thanks. I Can say that among the jet community Jeti will be getting lots of old Futaba customers if they don't CATCH UP on the telemetry capabilities.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:16 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 757Driver
Thanks. I Can say that among the jet community Jeti will be getting lots of old Futaba customers if they don't CATCH UP on the telemetry capabilities.
Yeah, I'm not waiting much longer before I put my 18MZ, backup 12FG, and receivers up for sale. If there's nothing worthwhile, update wise between now and the release of the Jeti 24 in supposedly the 3rd quarter of 2015, I'm done. Nothing against you Bill. You've been very helpful over the years in this forum but Futaba's lack of updates and ignoring customer feature requests is speaking volumes as to what they think of their loyal customers. If it was a $300.00 dollar radio I wouldn't expect anything other than honoring the warranty but a $3000.00 flagship radio and all we get is a dribble of little tweaks for the most part while the competition is tripping over themselves listening to customer requests and fulfilling them weeks later with software updates and new telemetry hardware. I really wish I didn't have to write this post but I needed to get it off my chest.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:03 PM
757Driver

Originally Posted by afterburner
Yeah, I'm not waiting much longer before I put my 18MZ, backup 12FG, and receivers up for sale. If there's nothing worthwhile, update wise between now and the release of the Jeti 24 in supposedly the 3rd quarter of 2015, I'm done. Nothing against you Bill. You've been very helpful over the years in this forum but Futaba's lack of updates and ignoring customer feature requests is speaking volumes as to what they think of their loyal customers. If it was a $300.00 dollar radio I wouldn't expect anything other than honoring the warranty but a $3000.00 flagship radio and all we get is a dribble of little tweaks for the most part while the competition is tripping over themselves listening to customer requests and fulfilling them weeks later with software updates and new telemetry hardware. I really wish I didn't have to write this post but I needed to get it off my chest.
+5 here in the Tulsa area. All jet guys currently on 18MZ. All use SBUS2.
Well said Afterburner!