Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

GYA 431 Gyro for Delta wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 06:15 PM
CPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GYA 431 Gyro for Delta wing

I recently installed and set the GYA 431 gyro for my 1/6 F-16 turbine Jet. It is controlled by taileron under Delta wing mode (Alivator mode) set in transmitter and the two servos adjusted by GYA 431 Gyro.Grossly,it is O.K.However,I found some problems:
1.when turn-on the Gyro function,the center point of two stabilizer changed.The more rate % of Gyro is ,the more deviation changes.
2.When pull the elevator stick,the speed of two stabilizers differed.Of course,the two servos is the same(Futaba BLS175SV HV servo)
In the servo monitor,I can't find any strange "movement "of servo when trigger the gyro function.What are the problems ?Isn't the Gyro suitable for Delta wing use?(because I didn't find specific introduction for Delta wing setting in manual .)
Old 03-21-2016, 06:28 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The gyro is for an airplane with separate elevator and aileron channels. Its sensing will not really do a good job where you have them mixed. Also, please realize that the gyro is for aileron or elevator control. You can control one or two aileron servos or one or two elevator servos.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:42 AM
CPS

Mr.Bax,thanks for your answer.Yes,we installed the two stabilizers servos In GYA 431 and only set it to adjust the rolling axis.Therefore,the Gya 431is not recommended for delta wing setting,isn't it?We used Gya 352 for this setting before,however, it isn't not suitable for HV condition.Will Futaba introduce any new Gyro to replace it?

Last edited by CPS; 03-22-2016 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:53 AM
Bax

We don't know what Futaba has planned for the future. They do not talk about what may be in development. We'll know whenever they make product announcements.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:28 PM
CPS

How about the GYA 460 gyro?
Old 03-23-2016, 05:59 AM
Bax

The GYA460 will work with a tailless aircraft (flying wing). I had missed that part. I was looking at the spec page, but the manual does detail how to do it.

Last edited by Bax; 03-24-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:11 PM
CPS

Hi ,Mr. Bax.We have set the GYA 460 on the F-16 turbine jet. (Delta wing mode:eleveron) Some problems need your help.Is it heading mode or normal mode?When we move the sticks,the stabilizers move by shaking.Is it too sensative of servos too powerful? We connected it by S-bus to 7008SB ,one strange phenomenon bothered us.When we turn on the power of receiver(of course,after transmitter on ),the rudder mixed with alieron and move synchronously when we move the rudder stick .However,if we move the alieron first,it will disconnected the mix.How to explain the phenomenon?

Last edited by CPS; 03-29-2016 at 09:18 PM.