Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Sbus servos won't power on

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 10:34 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sbus servos won't power on

I have 2 Sbus2 servos both set to channel 3 and they will only power on if I make the connection by plugging in the SBus connector. A power switch does not work

https://youtu.be/fxjsXfW5hXQ Any ideas? Sorry the video is upside down

BTW it does this with 2 different receivers

Last edited by mr_matt; 11-10-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We really cannot tell you what is going on. We cannot do votage testing and signal tracing via video. We need the equipment sent to the service department to test it and see what's going on.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:35 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You want me to send everything in? This stuff is all brand new. It does the same thing on multiple receivers and different batteries? THe only difference is you have to physically pull the wire instead of a switch?

Are 2 SBus servos programmed on the same channel allowed?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:10 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The S-Bus only carries signals to the outboard equipment. Each device connected to the bus will pull off the signal it needs. If you can provide the power to the devices, you can have as many servos on a single channel on the bus as you desire.

We'd not know why your system is acting the way it does. It could be in the receiver, but could also be elsewhere. The transmitter cannot be involved because it has no physical connection to the airborne system.