Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Loose buddy box connector on t7c

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Bobhend
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose buddy box connector on t7c

I have two T7C 2.4 GHZ transmitters and several buddy box cords ["square" connector]. These are all loose when plugged into the jack on the back of either transmitter. The cord is easily pulled out or falls out. I sent my first radio in for factory service but it had the same loose fit when returned. I just got a second T7C and was surprised that it has the same issue. I have [carefully] installed* a small retainer plate to hold the plug in the jack. I plan to do the same for my second T7C. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, since I have searched and not found anything. Am I missing something obvious here ?? Other than that, I love the T7C, it is just perfect and I have never had any type of failure.

* aprox 1" x 1/4" lite ply held by two servo screws in hole drilled in xmitter case
Old 06-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The cord should not just fall out by gravity. There a little play is normal, but the trainer cord should not fall out. We'd need to the the affected transmitter and YOUR trainer cord. It may be a bad trainer cord and not the transmitter.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Bobhend
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it is with 2 T7C's and two different bb cords. Before we do anything I will try more cables and transmitters, I have access to a pile of the cords. Will try other transmitters as well. I will work this hard and will let you know what I find, thx