Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

New T18SZ Firmware Released?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2023, 11:18 AM
Hpilotrc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New T18SZ Firmware Released?

Did Futaba just release new firmware (4.3) for their 18 channel T18SZH Transmitter?

It says the Telemetry Pole count now goes up to 100 but mine still only goes to 30.
Am I in the wrong screen?

My ESC is from OMP Hobby and is in their new Direct Drive (gear ratio=1) M4 Helicopter.
The ESC outputs SBUS2 Telemetry when changed with the optional Bluetooth Adapter, which I have enabled.

Why does my Pole Count still only go up to 30??? I need 42 and the update says it goes up to 100 now!
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong???

Does the ESC have to be registered or recognized by the transmitter first???

Help Please!

Last edited by Hpilotrc; 10-18-2023 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2023, 08:33 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Hpilotrc
Did Futaba just release new firmware (4.3) for their 18 channel T18SZH Transmitter?

It says the Telemetry Pole count now goes up to 100 but mine still only goes to 30.
Am I in the wrong screen?

Does the ESC have to be registered or recognized by the transmitter first???

Help Please!
Not wanting to step on Bill's toes but you've chased this for so long. I just updated my 18SZ and there is a section in the read me file saying that the ESC's must be "registered" with the radio.
Old 10-19-2023, 05:55 PM
Hpilotrc

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Not wanting to step on Bill's toes but you've chased this for so long. I just updated my 18SZ and there is a section in the read me file saying that the ESC's must be "registered" with the radio.
Hello Zeeb,
Can you tell me if the ESC has to be one of those 3 (Futaba, Scorpian, or Kontronix), or can they automatically be registered from the firmware?

I have a OMP M4 Helicopter and it's 65A ESC outputs Futaba SBUS2 Telemetry.
I can get Voltage, Current, Temperature, and RPMs on my screen but the RPMs are too high since the proper pole count can't be selected.

Should I be able to "read" the ESC (whatever make it is) to adjust this properly?

Thank you for your help. I talked with Futaba and they told me the firmware needed to be worked on and Japan knows about the pole problem. Not much help from them

I might try to call them tomorrow since I am off.
Old 10-20-2023, 01:39 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

There were two specific ESC's listed, it's in the install instructions for the software update.
Old 10-23-2023, 06:11 AM
Hpilotrc

Default My ESC already sends out SBUS2 Telemetry Data

Originally Posted by Zeeb
There were two specific ESC's listed, it's in the install instructions for the software update.
So Futaba just updated their firmware to V4.3 and I am still not able to select the number of poles>30, or the direct drive motor gear ratio of 1.

The new install instructions say you can go up to 100 poles!
If OMP Hobby has the SBUS2 information from Futaba, then why can't Futaba make it work properly???
This should be a simple fix??? If I had to register the ESC then nothing would work?

Bill and / or Futaba USA can you communication this to them in Japan?
All the Telemetry Data to my T18SZH transmitter works except I can't set the number of poles or gear ratio to show the correct amount of RPMs!!!

Maybe Futaba can get together with OMP and get their acts together?

Thank you, Michael
Old 11-19-2023, 07:18 PM
Hpilotrc

Default OMP M4 Telemetry RPMs with 18SZH Transmitter

I decided to try and set the ESC up with the magnet (sensor type) setting and gear ratio.
Using an old Tower Hobbies Digital Mini Tach - I measured the head speed at about the slowest speed the ESC engages at.

Bringing the "Gear ratio" on my Futaba T18SZH down to 21.00 (# of pole pairs?) looks good and seems to work.
If this is how it is supposed to be done then why can this be put in the manual for the OMP ESC?
It would have saved me a lot of time!

Still don't understand why the Brushless Motor setting with the # of poles can't go above 30 even though the new firmware says it will go up to at least 100??
This is also the same on the Futaba T32MZ

We need more support from OMP and Futaba!