Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba Receiver R324SBS and Futaba Sensors 8.4V compatible ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 03:40 PM
Evo_KnEvo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba Receiver R324SBS and Futaba Sensors 8.4V compatible ??

Hi. I’m currently finishing up my 1st “Real Electric” R/C. Gas & Nitro since the 70’s with some cheap electrics along the way. I have a Futaba 4PM with R324SBS Receiver. Hobbywing Max5 ESC w/ 5690 1250kv motor. I’m running 8S Lipo. Futaba SBS-01RB & SBS-01TE Sensors. What I’m trying to figure out is if the R324SBS Receiver & the Futaba Sensors will handle 8.4V. My steering servo is capable of 8.4V and would like to run it at that given the sensors and receiver don’t fry. I’ve tried contacting Futaba directly. No luck. The less expensive and “Indoor Optimized” Futaba R304SB-E states in the specs “Operating Voltage 4.0v-8.4v”. When I purchased the R324SBS Receiver from Amain Hobbies is just states “High Voltage-Yes” Called tech support and they say 8.4v should not be a problem. Even though Futaba states on their site “Operating Voltage 3.7v-7.4v”. Futaba states the voltage for the sensors the same. “3.7v-7.4v”. If anyone has any knowledge on the voltage, I’d certainly appreciate it. If it’ll all work on 8.4v I’ll likely add SBS-01V to monitor my 2-4S Lipos. Thanks for any help you can give. Happy New Year !
Old 01-08-2024, 02:11 AM
Evo_KnEvo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case anyone else is looking for the same or similar info, Futaba responded and stated that my R324SB as well as my sensors are capable of handling 8.4V. I did add a new sensor over the weekend cause of this. SBS-01V to monitor the 8S Lipos from my Futaba T4PM. So nice to be able to just look down at the 4PM and see RPM’s, Motor Temp’s and Battery Voltage !