Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Electrifly reciever problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 12:04 PM
summerkc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrifly reciever problems.

Ok, I've been pulling my hair out trying to find out the problem with my setup, it seems that the transmitter is either not transmitting (it works find with my scale aircraft) or that the reciever is not picking up the signal. I don't really know much about the Tx and Rx and frequencies, etc and how they work together so I'm having a hard time troubleshooting.

Here is my equipment:

Futaba Skysport 4 72 mhz Transmitter currently with a Channel 39 SC crystal. This transmitter was on Channel 79 Dual conversion crystal with my scale biplane.

Great Planes ElectriFly 72 mhz 4ch FM reciever with the same Ch.39 SC crystal. For some reason on the side there is a sticker that has something blacked out and it says 35mhz. I bought this reciever on ebay.

Great Planes C-5 Nano ESC

Standard battery (fully charged) and servos

Ok, when I connect the battery to the ESC the servos twitch like they are being powered but I can never get any control from the transmitter. I've read all the directions for all components. My first question is whether I have the right crystals, I know the reciever needs a single conversion, but should my transmitter have the exactly the same one or a dual conversion (what the heck is conversion anyway?) My second question is whether these components will even work together, and if they will what is the problem?

I've attached some pictures of my exact equipment:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90761.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	185753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62780.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	185754   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91013.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	185755  
Old 10-25-2004, 09:25 AM
summerkc

Default RE: Electrifly reciever problems.

Ok, Ive figured out that I need a Tx crystal in the Tx, but still unsure which one to get. I already have a Ch.46 dual conversion Rx and Tx crystal, so if I just buy a Ch.46 single conversion Rx crystal for the Electifly reciever will it work with the Tx dual conversion?
Old 10-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In the Great Planes Electrifly receivers, you must use the Great Planes Short Rx crystal:

GPML20** FM SHORT RX CRYSTAL $9.99

Your transmitter would use its regular transmitter crystal. Transmitters are not "dual coversion" or any kind of conversion. Only receivers. The Great Planes Electrifly 4-channel receiver is a SINGLE conversion receiver.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Plase note that channel 79 is an RC CAR channel. It 's not legal to fly a model airplane on that channel.

Great Planes Electrifly receivers must use the Great Planes Short Rx crystal:

GPML20** FM SHORT RX CRYSTAL $9.99

Your transmitter would use its regular transmitter crystal on the same channel as the receiver. Transmitters are not "dual coversion" or any kind of conversion. Only receivers. The Great Planes Electrifly 4-channel receiver is a SINGLE conversion receiver.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:32 PM
summerkc

ORIGINAL: Bax

Plase note that channel 79 is an RC CAR channel. It 's not legal to fly a model airplane on that channel.
I dont know where I got 79 from, it is actually 46 like I noted in the follow up post.

Ok, so all I would need would be a GP Ch.46 short Rx crystal, thanks for the help.