Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9Z Flaperon Function

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:19 AM
Chris Hinds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9Z Flaperon Function

I have just got my 9Z wc2 and am learning about how to use it. I got the heli side sorted now for what I need, but need an hand with the Air side. A friend wants to try flying his Competition Pattern ship on my Tx before he buys one, and so we are setting it up on there. Only problem is he has his Aileron Servos on Channels 1 and 7 not 1/6. Is there any way I can get the 9Z to use 1 and 7 for the flaperon mix for twin aileron servos or not?

Thanks

Chris
Old 08-19-2002, 11:51 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Hi, Chris! if he truly needs flaperon, no he'd have to move to 1 and 6; however, he can use aileron differential which is channels 1 and 7.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:37 AM
Chris Hinds

Thanks very much. Got it sorted using Aileron Differential instead. Coming from the world of JR where the only easy way to do two aileron servos is using Flaperon!

Thanks again

Chris
Old 08-20-2002, 12:25 PM
amcross

No problem, happy to help, Chris!
Old 08-20-2002, 12:56 PM
rfarias

amcross,

Hi there. Quick question. With the 9CAP, or whatever radio, If you want to program the elevator to flap function in order to make tighter loops, etc. What you want to do is whenever you pull the elevator the Flaperons do what? go down as flaps, or go up as spoilers. or the other way around.

I know the question has nothing to do with the radio, but people can get me very confused with their personal stories.

ANyways I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

rfarias.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:05 PM
amcross

Hi, RF! GREAT QUESTION!!

It varies by model. On fun fly models the flaps are acting as additional elevators, so if you drop them the model baloons and tightens loops, and vice versa.

On most models, the flaps act opposite of elevator, so if you drop flap the model will balloon and need down elevator to compensate for it. So if you wanted to tighten your loops you would lower flaps and give up elevator.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:17 PM
rfarias

I'm flying a Tai Ji Pattern plane, and a Chipmunk acrobatic. ( The chipmunk has itīs flaps.

So for this type of flying acrobatics, but not 3D. You recommend.....?
Old 08-20-2002, 01:53 PM
amcross

Hi, RF! Its very likely neither of these models will see much effect from adding flaperon to tighten loops, but you could try doing so by lowering the flaps with elevator.