Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

8UAPS D/R Switch Mystery

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 05:47 PM
Buzzard Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8UAPS D/R Switch Mystery

Hi Ann Marie, Thanks for all the great support on this forum!

Quick question. A week or so back, I'm preparing to set up a new model and so I copied one of my models over to a new (unused) memory on my Tx. (I just have 8 model memories - no expansion module). After copying, I renamed the new model and I went in and reset all the trim and subtrims in prep for hooking up all linkages. (I don't think I touched anything else).

Last night I hooked up my new Rx and was checking things out and noticed that I don't have any dual rate function on ailerons. I tried the elevator dual rate switch and found that it controlled D/R on AIL. Rudder D/R switch constrols ele D/r.

I checked the model i had copied from - it's D/Rs work fine - didn't copy the problem from there. That scared me a good bit (i'm easily frightened). i did a reset on that model and copied it over again.

My question is: how could this have happened?

do I write it off as a fluke? or is there some way while trying to reset the trims I could have set something (it would have to be simple) that would have caused this?

thanks much, David Soniat - Tampa, FL
Old 08-21-2002, 09:09 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8UAPS D/R Switch Mystery

Hi, David! It's possible you changed it, but unlikely. It might've been interrupted -- ie turned off right after the c opy and before it was actually done, although again not likely.

It also might be a problem with your 8U that it had difficulty doing the copy. Again, rare, but it can happen. Usually, if that occurs, though, it occurs going from campac to memory or back as it has to pass data through the system into the campac and back.

I would play with doing a lot of testing what you copied to be sure everything is working ok, and if not retest.