Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9001 up/down play in output shaft

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Carolina Raptor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9001 up/down play in output shaft

How much is an acceptable amount of play in the output shafts of these servos? Not gear backlash but up and down movement of the shaft. I had some 1-2 mm in 3 of 4 servos I had. I'm also seeing this in my 9253 as well.

I have taken them apart and bumped up the bushing on the lower side of the output shaft to help. But I fear it will return.

Can you replace the bushing with the same size BB that is on the top of the output shaft?? Making it a dual BB servo..
Old 08-25-2002, 04:34 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Speaking solely from personal experience, I would be concerned about a servo with 1mm or more. Looking at a broad assortment of used servos in my shop, none have more than 1/2 mm.

Technically, I'll as the service team in the morning and get back to you.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:26 PM
Carolina Raptor
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Ann for the prompt reply. I read posts by others that say they use these servos for a number of months without any problems but these have only been flown about a month (3 gallons) in my Raptor 30.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:55 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Per our supervisor of the service center technicians, who is our top technician:

The 1mm of up and down play is normal, especially in the lower end line of servos. If the customer is having more than that, he should consider replacement/repair.