Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba Repair Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 12:48 PM
DNR
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Repair Service

Often we are too quick criticizing people about their service with equipment but seldom compliment them on a good job. Here is my story. I had a minor problem with my two year old 9C transmitter and talked to Krysta about it. She suggested I send it to her for evaluation which I did. On Monday morning, I received an e-mail saying my transmitter had arrived and would be checked and repaired. Today is Saturday and a ring of the doorbell found a Fed Ex driver with my transmitter. It was repaired and retuned according to specs, all under warranty.

THANK YOU, Krysta and the Futaba repair department. You have my respect and business.

Don Rasmussen
Old 01-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba Repair Service

Thank you very much for the kind words. We do our best with all of our customers. We're glad to be able to serve.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:22 AM
OldCoot
My Feedback: (47)

I, too, would like to second the accolades for the Futaba repair center. I have used Futaba for over 20 years and the stuff is so good that I have never needed any repair until recently. I sent my 7C to have the CPU replaced. They received it on Jan 12 and I got it back on Jan 17. Repaired, tuned, and ready to go !!!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:13 PM
tomfrank
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: OldCoot

I, too, would like to second the accolades for the Futaba repair center. I have used Futaba for over 20 years and the stuff is so good that I have never needed any repair until recently. I sent my 7C to have the CPU replaced. They received it on Jan 12 and I got it back on Jan 17. Repaired, tuned, and ready to go !!!
I would echo this sentiment, even though I was one who did some ranting and raving here about the throttle-timer bug and having to pay for the shipping back to have it fixed. Ultimately, Futaba agree to incur this cost and subsequently posted the "no cost" resolution to correct this bug as a "sticky" in their forum here. I commend them for taking this action! Also, the TX was repaired within a day or receiving it (with complete tuning check, etc.), and when the promised expedited return mail was somehow overlooked, they sent me a workbench "caddy" with several glues and an Exacto knife as compensation! A belated "Thank You" to Futaba for stepping up to the plate!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:14 AM
MikeS
My Feedback: (37)

I have been searching for the solution to the 7C bug but nogo. Where is the information hidden?
This problem cost me an airplane because I changed the timer setting right before I took off. No ailerons on a 90-size Spitfire on takeoff - the result is a given.
15-year Futaba user and this is the end of the line. I will use what ever influence I can muster to ensure that new members to our club are aware that Futaba does not support their products by way of fixes to poor QA results. So far, at least one new sign - off is switching from their 4 channel futaba trainer radio to a jr computer radio. Take my experience and multiply by hundreds and I bet Futaba will feel the bite of their uncaring attitude about consumer losses due to their products failings.
The worst aspect of this is that any metion of the problem has been wiped off the board by the rep. Unbelievable!
Anyone have the address for the repair center? I need to get this fixed before I foist it off on another modeler.
Thanks for your help.
Mike