Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

AC Adapter for simulator

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Adapter for simulator

Heya all,

I have a Futaba 7CAP transmitter and just got AFPD. Do they make an AC adapter for the transmitter so I don't have to use a battery (i.e. so I can just plug it into the wall while I'm on the simulator). The charger that it comes with just charges. Turning on the transmitter while it's charging just stops the charging.

-Mark
Old 02-17-2005, 03:33 AM

Default RE: AC Adapter for simulator

Hi,

I really would not advice using a AC-adapter while "playing" with the pc-simulator.
A French modeller had his Graupner MC12 fried while having his TX connected to the PC and then connected a 12v-battery charger to the TX with a 12V-power supply to the mains. Also the house main-fuse jumped off!
He's now looking for another transmitter...
His PC is still running...
Just know that with the crystal removed from your TX or the RF-module removed, the transmitter is only drawing about 30mAh current instead of about 240mAh, that's about 1/8 of the normal consumption.

Olivier
Old 02-17-2005, 02:57 PM

Hi,

Could be a dangerous game. I know a Frenchie with another TX-brand that fried his transmitter and the mains-fuse while connecting the following :

mains--> 12 volt power supply --> charger --> TX --> interface --> PC

Just know that when your TX is in use for pc-sim (and that the RF-part is not in use, either by removing the RF-module, either by removing the cristal) the TX only uses about 30mAh instead of about 240mAh (depending on your TX). That's 1/8 of normal consumption.
You could try anyway with a 9volt-AC/DC adapter, but I would'nt dare.

Olivier
Old 02-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Futaba does not make an AC adaptor so that you could operate your transmitter without the battery pack. There is no third-party adaptor made or approved by Futaba.