Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9 Channel reciever

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 01:25 PM
tiger tank 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 Channel reciever

Can anyone tell me how many Servos you can connect to a 9 channel reciever. I'm trying to connect 3 esc and 9 servos using Y leads but after a few miutes they all sieze up.[&o][&o]
Old 07-24-2005, 01:28 PM
tiger tank 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9 Channel reciever

Can anyone tell me how many Servos you can connect to a 9 channel reciever. I'm trying to connect 3 esc and 9 servos using Y leads but after a few miutes they all sieze up. I am also using the 2 BEC's that come with 2 of the esc
Old 07-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 9 Channel reciever

You need to check your battery pack's current-delivery capability. It's usually not the receiver, itself, although it's not a good idea to connect more than two servos to a single channel unless you're using something like the Futaba Servo Synchronizer, which isolates the signal leads of the servos from the receiver so that you don't sink too much current.

If you have several channels that have a "Y", your receiver should not shut down from that. What's likely happening is that enough current is being drawn from the battery pack that you're getting enough of a voltage drop that it shuts down.

If you are connecting multiple ESC's to a receiver, only one of them should have it's red lead connected at the receiver. If you're using a separate battery pack for the receiver, none of the speed controls should have their red lead connected to the receiver.

Normally, the ESC is used to power the receiver and servos, so the red lead is the positive power connection. If you are using a BEC, you only want to use ONE of them. Multiple ESC's with multiple BEC's connected to the receiver can cause problems. You want the receiver and servos to have only ONE power source (If you have two receiver battery packs connected together in parallel, that's still considered one power source. If you have multiple BEC's, though, you have multiple power sources. It has to do with the circuitry in the BEC's.

There really isn't an upper limit on how many devices can be connected to the receiver, but you do have to account for the current sinking on the signal lead, and allow for total current draw from the battery pack. Your BEC's may not allow enough current to flow, and shut down when you try to do too much.