Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9Z WC2 Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:48 AM
martinoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9Z WC2 Discontinued?

Tower lists the WC2 as "Discontinued"... Is there any replacement at the near future? Some new 2048 PCM cheaper than 14MZ perhaps? It is not just curiosity, I am looking for a new Tx now, and WC2 was the first option... Thanks
Old 01-29-2006, 10:48 AM
norman_i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9Z WC2 Discontinued?

I ordered one from my local hobby shop and he informed me that there was no longer any stock available. He concluded that the 9Z must be discontinued, but will inquire.

I was certain that Futaba was still selling/supporting the 9Z as their web site still promotes this model. I have already sold my previous Futaba radio (after having ordered), fully expecting to be able to get a 9Z. Now I'm at a crossroads. Do I wait for the next radio from Futaba in this price range or do I consider a JR 10X? The price of the 14MZ is not justifiable for non-pro use.

Futaba,
Are you expecting to release a new radio to fill the gab between the 9C and the 14MZ? If not, will the 14MZ come down to the 9Z's price (or close to it)?
Old 01-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: 9Z WC2 Discontinued?

I hate to butt in on the support forum, but if you want a 9Z there are other vendors who you might check with. Including Big Horn Hobbies, Chief Aircraft, and Central Hobbies just to name a few...

edit info:
According to the currency converter I used and the listed price on the models shown for distribution in Europe, the new tx is in the $1850 US dollar range...