Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Why no futaba servo comparable to the JR 8611?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:39 PM
BR289
My Feedback: (106)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why no futaba servo comparable to the JR 8611?

Greetings,
Why doesnt Futaba have a servo with the same torque as a JR 8611 in the same size case? I know Futaba has a few high torque servos, but most are in large quarter scale size.
I just purchased a few Futaba 9351 servos, and just read something that they are car servos......whats the difference?
I have quite a few customers at our Hobby Shop asking me this all the time, but until I read about the 9351 servos, I never bothered to ask anyone.
Thank you in advance for your response.....
Blair
Old 03-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Why no futaba servo comparable to the JR 8611?

"Car" servos are originally designed to fill a need that R/C car modelers have. They usually have good speed and power. The designer was part of a team put together to design and produce an R/C car servo. However, if the speed and power of a servo suits your needs, it's OK to use. The case size is compatible with other items in the Futaba line, such as trays, gears, and output wheels.

As far as cases are concerned, any manufacturer of R/C hobby equipment will pay attention to their line. They're usually not at all worried about whether their equipment is particularly compatible with other makers' equipment.