Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Two elevator servos with 6ex

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Mike Baldwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two elevator servos with 6ex

I just puchased a Funtana 90. I have a Futaba 6 channel exap radio. What is the best way to set up this plane. It calls for a two elevator servos mounted in the rear of the plane. As far as I can tell this wont work with my radio, there has to be a way. I have read many post stating I should not use a reverseing Y harness. Any Ideas.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Tim Jones
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Two elevator servos with 6ex

You can use a regular Y harness.
When installing and settin up your servos, place one of the servo arms on the opposite side of the other. So, for example, on the left side, put the servo arm on the servo so that it points up. While on the right side, you install the servo arm pointing down. With a Y harness, both servo shfts will turn the same direction, CW or CCW. However as the servo shafts are pointing 180 degrees apart, both arms will travel the same direction in moving the elevator.

You may have to pay attention to where the rudder linkage is in the mix.

TJ
Old 05-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Krysta

Hi Mike, The best suggestion would be a Futaba Synchronizer FUTM4155, this will allow you to adjust end points, and travel for each of your elevator servos.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: Mike Baldwin

I just puchased a Funtana 90. I have a Futaba 6 channel exap radio. What is the best way to set up this plane. It calls for a two elevator servos mounted in the rear of the plane. As far as I can tell this wont work with my radio, there has to be a way. I have read many post stating I should not use a reverseing Y harness. Any Ideas.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:07 AM
fieldy73

Here's what you do. Plug one elevator servo into ch2 as usual, the other into ch6. Then, go into the FLPR menu and make sure it is inhibited or "INH". This is because if FLPR (flaperon) is on the elevator servo that is plugged into ch6 will move with your ailerons, and you don't want that. Next, go to the FLTR menu (flap trim) and make sure it is turned ON. The FLTR menu is where you will adjust the trim of the elevator servo that is plugged into ch6. Next, use programmable mix 1 or 2 (doesn't matter which). Make ch2 the master, ch6 the slave, SW to ON, 100% (+ or -, depending on servo direction) and the elevator plugged into ch6 will move with the one plugged into ch2. If the one plugged into ch6 is moving opposite of the way you want it to you can also reverse ch6. Here is the cool part. You also get the ability to adjust both trim and end points for each elvator half independently! This makes final adjustments a breeze. You can adjust trim and end points of the one plugged into ch2 just as you always do. You can adjust the trim of the one plugged into ch6 by going into the FLTR menu and using the data input lever to the right of the display, and you can adjust the end points for ch6 in the EPA menu.

Note - Trim only works on one elevator half, so mechanical trim is required on the ground.