Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

High - Low band ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 06:31 PM
731jetstar
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High - Low band ?

I have a R127DF that came with a used airplane on Ch 32. Can I pop in a new crystal for ch 43? What is the difference between High and Low band and why don't other receiver manufactures use different bands?
Old 05-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: High - Low band ?

Hi 731jetstar,

Originally our receivers had the 72Mhz band split in half, with low band receivers being center tuned to 23, and high ones being center tuned to 47. This resulted in more specific tuning than just tuning to the center of the complete 11 through 60 band. Your R127DF being older, is split into low/high, and no, it is not advisable to to cross over that low/high range. Low band is 11-35 and High is 36-60. You could change anywhere in the low range and be fine.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: 731jetstar

I have a R127DF that came with a used airplane on Ch 32. Can I pop in a new crystal for ch 43? What is the difference between High and Low band and why don't other receiver manufactures use different bands?