Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

sailplane receiver

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 08:56 PM
ragtime-ri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sailplane receiver

I've built a Gentle Lady sailplane over the winter and am installing a radio. I ordered the Futaba R114F since it is a 4 channel receiver. However, when it arrived, the box said it should only be used for park flyers and slow flyers. This would seem to suggest that it doesn't have much range. Will it work? If not, what receiver should I be using? Would the R156F work ok?

Thanks for the help.....

Gerry
Old 05-12-2006, 10:57 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: sailplane receiver

I'm not familiar with the two receivers you mention but figure they are both single conversion receivers. I like to stick with the full range dual conversion receivers myself. This is the one I use in my planes [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCXM8&P=ML]here[/link]..
Old 05-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Krysta

Hi Gerry,

The range for an R114F and R156F both is around 650 feet, which does not make it a good candidate for sailplanes. You would want most likely want to go with a standard receiver such as the R168DF which is only 28grams.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: ragtime-ri

I've built a Gentle Lady sailplane over the winter and am installing a radio. I ordered the Futaba R114F since it is a 4 channel receiver. However, when it arrived, the box said it should only be used for park flyers and slow flyers. This would seem to suggest that it doesn't have much range. Will it work? If not, what receiver should I be using? Would the R156F work ok?

Thanks for the help.....

Gerry
Old 05-21-2006, 06:19 AM
___

ORIGINAL: Krysta

Hi Gerry,

The range for an R114F and R156F both is around 650 feet, which does not make it a good candidate for sailplanes. You would want most likely want to go with a standard receiver such as the R168DF which is only 28grams.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA...
Hmmm that's really strange. Because on Futaba's own homepage you write [link=http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk54.html]here[/link] that "The S3101 micro precision servos with FUTK52** make it ideal for gliders." And guess what? The receiver in that package is R156F! Is that just a little bit misleading or what?!?

By the way, one of the best buys for sailplanes is probably a [link=http://nesail.com/detail.php?productID=1194]Hitec Electron 6[/link] IMHO, as long as you don't want PCM. It weighs 17 g, it's full range and just look at the price!

Sincerely,
Jesper