Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9Z programming, ATV vs. AFR

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default 9Z programming, ATV vs. AFR

Okay if I get the idea, when using multiple conditions like I have set up for triple rates the ATV must be set the same for all the conditions or the amount of trim movement will change? It would seem if that is the case then the trims which are set to follow from one condition to the next would not be correct either?

The problem I've got is trying to match twin elevator servos through the mid range. I've setup the ailevator on #2 & #5 and have zeroed the neutrals with the sub trims, but I've got a difference in the midrange deflections between the two. Since #5 is not independently adjustable with AFR, the only way I can see to match them exactly is to use the ATV so end points for each channel can be set independently, or is there a better way?

I've tried to make the geometry of the two sides identical, but there's always going to be some difference as well as the difference in where the servos center with the sub trims set at zero, so I guess that's what's caused the different deflections?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 9Z programming, ATV vs. AFR

This FAQ should help you:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9z-q111.html

Old 05-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: 9Z programming, ATV vs. AFR

Thanks for the link, but I'd already looked at that particular FAQ. I think maybe your original answer might have been a little more helpful but you edited it before I could forward a copy to my e-mail.

I realize the geometry is really important, but I got the model I'm having problems with used so other than completely re-doing the mechanical stuff I can't get it any closer than it is. I was able to get the elevators matched up using the ATV function on the #5 channel, but then the ailerons did the same thing only instead of the primary channel deflecting less than the secondary, the secondary channel deflected less than the primary. That has proved to be a much more elusive fix. I did get them matched late last night but was too tired to figure out exactly how and I've got to go back in this morning and see if I can determine what exactly is happening right now.

I just thought perhaps there was something I've overlooked on the setting up of the secondary channel. Since there is no way to exactly duplicate the geometry of two different sides, and minor differences in the servos, I can't see how those secondary channels can be set up to match the primary channel using AFR since that affects both servos and the secondary is not independently adjustable with the AFR, or am I missing something here?

Thanks Bax