Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

I messed up my transmitter, oops!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 12:40 AM
GeeBeer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I messed up my transmitter, oops!

I messed up my transmitter, 6XAS. It still turns on and all... but does not appear to transmit anymore.

I purchased a new battery pack to replace the old one, but bought the wrong pack (A square one, not a flat one). I had the bright idea that I'd just take apart the square pack, and build it into a flat pack. I built the new flat pack correctly and quite well... all that was left was unsolder the plug wires from the old pack and solder them to the new pack. I did this and plugged in the new pack into the transmitter & turned it on... AND... up comes a small puff of smoke from inside the transmitter... I immediatly turned it off & looked at the pack and realized that I made the stupid mistake of getting the polarity reversed when soldering the plug wires to the new pack. Well, I corrected it, & it came on just like its supposed to, then went to do a range check & discovered it no longer transmits. Yes I screwed up & it was a stupid mistake which I knew better... I soldered the plug wires back on the old battery pack as they were with the same results, & that is how the transmitter sits today.

SO..... How do I get this transmitter fixed? I looked at the website listed in the sticky thread for the flat rate services but am unsure what option to select. My best guess is "Replace Tx diode with poli-switch: $20.00" What is your suggestion? Its not under warranty nor would it be covered even if it was... unless you guys cover stupidity... do ya????

Thanks, Keith
Old 05-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I messed up my transmitter, oops!

Hi Keith,

I am SO sorry, no we can't cover that under warranty for you, but I certainly appreciate the way that you asked.

Just go ahead and use the form you it provided on the site, but since there really isn't a category to mark for that, then you can add a separate note on another piece of paper or you can click on the bottom of the page where it says "Use this form to enter data for non flat rate service".

Thanks, Krysta

ORIGINAL: GeeBeer

I messed up my transmitter, 6XAS. It still turns on and all... but does not appear to transmit anymore.

I purchased a new battery pack to replace the old one, but bought the wrong pack (A square one, not a flat one). I had the bright idea that I'd just take apart the square pack, and build it into a flat pack. I built the new flat pack correctly and quite well... all that was left was unsolder the plug wires from the old pack and solder them to the new pack. I did this and plugged in the new pack into the transmitter & turned it on... AND... up comes a small puff of smoke from inside the transmitter... I immediatly turned it off & looked at the pack and realized that I made the stupid mistake of getting the polarity reversed when soldering the plug wires to the new pack. Well, I corrected it, & it came on just like its supposed to, then went to do a range check & discovered it no longer transmits. Yes I screwed up & it was a stupid mistake which I knew better... I soldered the plug wires back on the old battery pack as they were with the same results, & that is how the transmitter sits today.

SO..... How do I get this transmitter fixed? I looked at the website listed in the sticky thread for the flat rate services but am unsure what option to select. My best guess is "Replace Tx diode with poli-switch: $20.00" What is your suggestion? Its not under warranty nor would it be covered even if it was... unless you guys cover stupidity... do ya????

Thanks, Keith