Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Trainer 14MZ / Student FF9-super: channels different, can this be solved?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 07:59 AM
ralfvandorsselaer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trainer 14MZ / Student FF9-super: channels different, can this be solved?

Hi,

I own both a 14MZ and an FF9 Super. The channel assignments on the 14MZ are different from Futaba's other transmitters, supposedly they are grouped/ordered differently on the 14MZ to improve performance. That's fine with me.

I mostly fly with the 14MZ and want others to try some of my models, this I can do when I give them control via the FF9.

BUT: When I link up my 14MZ and the FF9 the link-up itself works perfectly, I can transfer control to the student (holding the FF9), no problems. The problem is that because of the different channel assignment, they do not match up. Example: when the student moves the throttle stick, the elevator moves.

I cannot change the channel assignment on the FF9, I can however change it on the 14MZ. But I don't want to and I should not have to. But I cannot find how to do it...

I think at this point no solution exists other than to change the channel assignment on the 14MZ to match the one from the FF9.

Am I right?

Or is there some option that can be set/switched on/... to align these channel assignments WITHOUT changing the assignments on the 14MZ (so as not to lose the advantages of the new 14MZ channel grouping).

Thank you for any info on this subject,

Ralf
Old 05-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Trainer 14MZ / Student FF9-super: channels different, can this be solved?

The only solution would be to set up another model in your 14MZ transmitter that had a channel layout that's the same as the 9C you use from time-to-time. That way, you'd not have to change one model each time...just change to the alternate model setup.

There is no way for the 14MZ transmitter to take the standard input from a 9C (or other transmitter) and automatically 'know' which channel is which. It just takes the 9C's channel 1 input and uses it to operate channel 1 in the 14. 2 goes to 2, 3 to 3 and so on. The 14 has no way to know that channel 1 in the 9C is aileron, while it's elevtor in the 14MZ. You will have to map out a new model to do that.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:43 AM
ralfvandorsselaer

Default RE: Trainer 14MZ / Student FF9-super: channels different, can this be solved?

I hope a mapping facility is being considered as an option in the Trainer menu on the 14MZ (for a future update).

It would allow you to map the incoming channel 1 (from the student) to any other channel in the 14MZ:

incoming channel 1 --> 14mz channel 3
incoming channel 2 --> 14mz channel 2
incoming channel 3 --> 14mz channel 1
(and so on)

Now *that* would be a cool option.

Thank you for the previous answer,

Best rgds,
Ralf
Old 06-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Bax

This has been asked before in another forum. It's not at all an easy thing to do. The idea has been passed to Futaba, but we'd not know where they'd put it in their priority list.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:55 AM
AlexFr

Hello,

I woule like know if someone got any news about this subject ???

Thanks in advance !

Alex.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Bax

Futaba has made no mention of what projects they are currently working on.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:03 AM
AlexFr

Hello Bax,

Sorry for my late reply !

Thanks for your reply. Ok i will wait ...

Cheers,
Alex.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:10 PM
e-sailpilot86

ORIGINAL: Bax

Futaba has made no mention of what projects they are currently working on.
Could you ask?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:45 AM
big_ipaq

This would be a very nice function to have. I assume that we still do not have any news from Futaba after 3 years...