Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

6EXAPs cross interfering

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:26 PM
aspencer80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6EXAPs cross interfering

Just found this forum. Its exactly what I need... awesome!!

I recently bought my dad a plane setup so that we could fly together.
Our radios are the packaged Futaba 6EXAP 6-Channel Super FM/3 S3101 Servos deal from Tower Hobbies

My radio is on channel 31, my dad's is on channel 21.

We'd previously done flights with the trainer chord, but a while ago we flew both planes separately at the same time for the first time.

Whenever my plane would get close to my dads Tx (like within a 25 foot radius; and while both radios were on of course) my plane would get all sorts of interference and go crazy.

His plane could be sitting right next to me with all systems on and his plane would receive no interference. It only went from his Tx to my Rx on the plane.

Any reason why my Rx would pick up interference from his radio?? Is my Rx bad?

I made some videos to show the problem (others I have talked to seemed to think I was lying).

The first one shows the basic problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdGLju0jbo

The second one shows the same problem (The interference gets worse the farther my radio is from my plane) as well as us trying to swap out Rx crystals trying to diagnose the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w-yRFjJeyg

This has caused some crashes and some propeller chewing action. While we both fly GWS Slow sticks now and the damage is minor, but come bigger planes (my Twinstar II) this could be disastrous.

We fly in the front and back yards and would like to, ideally, fly close together. We often fly low and around each other so this is somewhat of a big deal.

Thanks for the help.
Aspencer
Old 05-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 6EXAPs cross interfering

You are using the Futaba receivers? A transmitter on channel 31 should not affect a receiver on channel 21, and vice-versa. If your channel 21 receiver is getting hit by a channel 31 transmitter, either the channel 21 receiver's not on channel, or the channel 31 transmitter's not right. This difficulty would not be user-fixable, you'll have to send the items to the service center.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:44 PM
aspencer80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, both are Futaba recievers with the futaba radios. The transmitter on channel 21 is affecting the receiver on channel 31.
Where do I look to find out how I send the units back?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1131517/tm.htm