Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Latest on R5014 DPS Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 01:35 AM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest on R5014 DPS Receiver

Regarding the recommend experimental modification to the R5014 receiver:
"Once an official recommendation has been finalized, additional statements will be forthcoming. "

Is there an official word on this?

Is there a factory recall on this receiver and/or and as far as cutting the antenna is there a charge for this service from Futaba if I send it in.
I've been "saving" my new 5014 receiver for a turbine jet (have flown it only twice in a non-failsafe DF model) with failsafe for over a year so I don't have privy to the warranty period. I haven't paid too much attention to the boards regarding the issues with the receiver until recently which is over the warranty period and I didn't receive any notice from Hobbico or Futaba about the problems in which case, I would have sent it in.

Is this a design defect or a blown up problem, Please advise, thanks.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Krysta

Default RE: Latest on R5014 DPS Receiver

Hi dragonpilot,

Please see our FAQ section for the 14MZ on our website, this should help you out:

http://www.14mz.com/faq/faq-14mz-q860.html

http://www.14mz.com/faq/faq-14mz-q862.html

Without trying to start another G3 thread, there is not a design flaw in the R5014DPS. As it is super sensitive to RF it can go into Failsafe mode more easily if certain circumstances are not taken care of in your crafts set up. These steps are utlined on our FAQ pages shown above.

There is no factory recall on this receiver and while you are welcome to send this into the service center to have this done to your antenna at no charge, it does not need to be cut if you are not having any problems with it.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: dragonpilot

Regarding the recommend experimental modification to the R5014 receiver:
"Once an official recommendation has been finalized, additional statements will be forthcoming. "

Is there an official word on this?

Is there a factory recall on this receiver and/or and as far as cutting the antenna is there a charge for this service from Futaba if I send it in.
I've been "saving" my new 5014 receiver for a turbine jet (have flown it only twice in a non-failsafe DF model) with failsafe for over a year so I don't have privy to the warranty period. I haven't paid too much attention to the boards regarding the issues with the receiver until recently which is over the warranty period and I didn't receive any notice from Hobbico or Futaba about the problems in which case, I would have sent it in.

Is this a design defect or a blown up problem, Please advise, thanks.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:46 PM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

Thanks Krysta, that info was very helpful.

One more question, if I could.
Can you recommend an installation of the receiver wire where if you were flying and a bolt did come loose somehow in mid air that would hold off being susceptible to this noise? In other words, what is the best mounting of the wire scenario. Is there a special outside noise tube to mount outside/inside the fuse or something.
I want to do all I can to eliminate any potential problem.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Krysta

Hi dragonpilot,

The antenna routing will be different per aircraft, but the best rule of thumb is to get it outside of the fuselage as close to the point it exits the receiver as possible.

Following the tips that we outlined in our FAQ is the best. There is no installation that we can think of that would be best for unexpected bolt loosening, bearing going bad, or something of this nature.

We are not aware of any outside tube, you may want to check with the pilots are your local field to see if they have any suggestions in that area.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: dragonpilot

Thanks Krysta, that info was very helpful.

One more question, if I could.
Can you recommend an installation of the receiver wire where if you were flying and a bolt did come loose somehow in mid air that would hold off being susceptible to this noise? In other words, what is the best mounting of the wire scenario. Is there a special outside noise tube to mount outside/inside the fuse or something.
I want to do all I can to eliminate any potential problem.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2006, 05:13 PM
rposey
My Feedback: (42)

Krysta,
Is there different length of antenae used by Futaba on the R5014 Receiver?
My new one is shorter in length that some older one that I have been able to check and compare.
Thanks