Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

WC2 issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WC2 issue

Tonight I was flying an electic plane with my WC2.

On the 3rd flight I launched the plane and it died and crashed about 3 feet into flight. The throttle just died on me and I noticed my radio was making a beeping sound. I looked at the volatge and it was 9.5. I then picked up my plane and noticed every surface worked except the throttle.. also my radio would not stop beeping.

I decided to put it on charge for awhile thinking the beeping was low volatge.

After 45 mins my radio was at 10.5 volts and I tried it again and still no throttle. I then changed the battery on the plane and tried again.. same prob.

I decided my radio was in some kinda of fail safe mode and packed up.

Later I decided to try my gas plane and the throttle works. If I change modles the beeping stops and everything works fine?

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WC2 issue

Check your switches; you might have inadvertantly flipped one that activated a mix which disabled your throttle channel, or enabled Throttle Cut, etc.

9.5 volts is plenty to fly with. You should, however, be aware that the 9Z/WC2 comes with an 1100 mAh battery, which doesn't last long. Most folks using this radio "upgrade" to a higher-capacity battery- I'm using a NoBS Batteries 2500 mAh NiMH pack.

Dunno how familiar you are with the radio, but the 9Z does a great many things, and can be a bit puzzling at first. The fact that everything works fine on another model memory tells me that you have something going on in a flight condition or switch/mix on the electric model.

In the MDL menu, select RST; the last choice on the top line. Now select ALL. This will reset your conditions and parameters to the defaults on that particular model. Sometimes you have to start over. Its either that, or go through every menu item one by one, looking for the villain...

Oops... thought I was in the general radio forum. I'm not supposed to answer queries in this forum, so I guess this one will get axed...
Old 06-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Krysta

Hi sinergy,

Since this problem was resolved both by using a gas plane, and also by changing models, it sounds as though there was a problem in either a mix on this model or in the ESC used on the electric plane.

I would suggest first doing a full reset in the particular model that you had the problem with and try it with the ESC again. As the radio was beeping, it would be our guess that there was a mix going on. But, if you are still having a problem you may want to try a a different ESC.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: sinergy

Tonight I was flying an electic plane with my WC2.

On the 3rd flight I launched the plane and it died and crashed about 3 feet into flight. The throttle just died on me and I noticed my radio was making a beeping sound. I looked at the volatge and it was 9.5. I then picked up my plane and noticed every surface worked except the throttle.. also my radio would not stop beeping.

I decided to put it on charge for awhile thinking the beeping was low volatge.

After 45 mins my radio was at 10.5 volts and I tried it again and still no throttle. I then changed the battery on the plane and tried again.. same prob.

I decided my radio was in some kinda of fail safe mode and packed up.

Later I decided to try my gas plane and the throttle works. If I change modles the beeping stops and everything works fine?

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Jake Ruddy

Well I guess I can do a reset... but that's kind of a poor solution.

In this case I dont have any mixes programmed in.. its a simple foamy. Its not an ESC issue.. its the radio 100% its beeping when its on that model.. so I dont see what that has to do with an ESC. I didnt change anything, I wasnt even in any menus.. I just went to half throttle let the plane go and lost throttle.. radio started beeping.

However if this was a model I had a lot of mixing programmed in and all the sudden the radio started doing this I wouldn't be very happy if the only thing I could do was reset the model.

Have you heard of a model program locking up this way before? Really hate to go fly one of my big gassers and within 5 secs of breaking ground the samething happens. Its not exactly going to be a pretty picture if I loose throttle at the end of the run 6 feet off the ground.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Jake Ruddy

Have you heard of a model program locking up this way before? Really hate to go fly one of my big gassers and within 5 secs of breaking ground the samething happens. Its not exactly going to be a pretty picture if I loose throttle at the end of the run 6 feet off the ground.

Umm any response to this question from yesterday???
Old 06-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Krysta

Sorry, as we've said before, it sometimes takes us a little bit to get back from other parts or our regular jobs.

No, I really have not heard of something like this if this is a newer radio. Had this been an older one my first thought would of course be the backup battery.

You may want to get this in to us so that we can check this over for you. I would recommend sending in the receiver that you were using when you noticed this also so that it can be checked too.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

Umm any response to this question from yesterday???