Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Transmitter doesn't work after battery change

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 11:22 PM
michaelrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter doesn't work after battery change

Hi All,

I've got a Futaba T6XA whose battery wouldn't charge. So we replaced it with a brand new battery, charged it up and turned it on. It powers up fine, looks fine, everything looks great, except we get nothing on the airplane side of things. No servo movement whatsoever. The receiver is good, tested with another transmitter. We're in the proper mode (PPM). We've tried all the obvious stuff. Even put the old battery back in (still doesn't work). It worked fine before the battery change.

It's a 10 year old transmitter. Could we have jostled something in the replacement of the battery? Any ideas guys?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 PM
treedog

Default RE: Transmitter doesn't work after battery change

IF U HAVE A OLD TV WITH RABBIT EARS Tune to channel ten and walk 60 feet away from tv and switch tv on. it'll make a interference sound on that channel if rf is comong out of the radio. possibly even a bar pattern. if not possibly a fried transmitter final stage
If i member correctly some of the older transmitters used to interfere with channel 10. thats how i new whether it was modulating or not lol. correct me if i'm wrong on the channel .pretty sure it was 10
Old 06-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Krysta

Default RE: Transmitter doesn't work after battery change

Hi michaelrc,

If it is that old, it may be a loose connection in the transmitter itself. I would suggest sending the transmitter into our service center to be checked out.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: michaelrc

Hi All,

I've got a Futaba T6XA whose battery wouldn't charge. So we replaced it with a brand new battery, charged it up and turned it on. It powers up fine, looks fine, everything looks great, except we get nothing on the airplane side of things. No servo movement whatsoever. The receiver is good, tested with another transmitter. We're in the proper mode (PPM). We've tried all the obvious stuff. Even put the old battery back in (still doesn't work). It worked fine before the battery change.

It's a 10 year old transmitter. Could we have jostled something in the replacement of the battery? Any ideas guys?

Thanks