Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9 CAP & 3 position flaps

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Dave G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 CAP & 3 position flaps

I'm trying to set up switch "C" so with the switch in the up position the flaps are up, in the middle position the flaps are at 15 degrees, and with the switch in the down position the flaps are 35 degrees down. I've already done the mix for the two flap servos but can't figure out how to get the switch to have them in the three positions.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 9 CAP & 3 position flaps

With the flaps on their own channel, go into the 'AUX' channel menu and set the flap channel you're using so that it's activated by a 3-position switch. Toggle the switch to the middle position. Connect the servo to the receiver and turn everything on. The servo will center. Set the geometry of the flap pushrods so that the flaps are deflected to the 1/2-flaps amount you want. Once that's set, go into the End Point menu. Toggle the switch to the 'flap up' position and adjust the endpoint so that the flaps are in the proper 'flaps up' position. Now toggle the switch to the full, 'flaps down' position and adjust the endpoint so that the flaps have the amount of deflection you want.

No need for mixers or such. Just set to a toggle, set linkages to half-flaps with the toggle in the middle, and set the endpoints for flaps full down and fully-retracted.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:23 PM
WorldTraveler

Bax, can these be used on the 7 Cap to do the same procedure, along with using FLP->ELE to activate with flap extension?. (I had the question under a previous post)
Old 06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Bax

The 7C does not have the same capability as the 9C. With the 7C, flaps default to the knob that controls channel 6. If you put the flaps on channel 5 or 7, then they default to a 2-position switch. You cannot choose which control activates a particular channel on the 7C.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:41 AM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

I use switch "G" for my flaps. I was wondering if there is a way to slow the deployement down, like with a "servo slow" feature?
Sam
Old 07-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Bax

ORIGINAL: DaddySam

I use switch "G" for my flaps. I was wondering if there is a way to slow the deployement down, like with a "servo slow" feature?
Sam
Not from the 7C transmitter, no.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:58 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Bax
I am using the 9CAP, and have my flaps set on the three position switch "G" (upper right top of Tx). With this tx is there a way to slow the deployment down?
Thanks
Sam
Old 07-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Bax

You can do it with some mixing.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c-q762.html