Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Problems With 9CHPS and G3 Sim

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:41 AM
warriorking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems With 9CHPS and G3 Sim

Hi
I posted this in the flight sim and did not get much help so I tought I would post it here, and due to the fact that the Sim is working fine.

Maybe someone can help me. I have Realflight G3 which is working well. I sometimes used my Futaba 7CAP and it work flawlessly no problems. However I just sold my 7C and bought a 9CHPS and I'm trying to use it with the G3 and It won't work. Normally the green light on the G3 would light up when I use the 7C which it supposed to, but with the 9C it didnt light up. I check the controller menu and it is not showing up. Maybe I'm missing or doing something wrong.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Old 06-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Problems With 9CHPS and G3 Sim

From the RealFlight Support staff:

The Futaba 9C has been successfully tested with RealFlight G3. If you are having difficulty making that transmitter work with the simulator, here are some tips to help you:

Because the 9C uses the same type of connector for the trainer port that the Interlink Plus Controller uses for the transmitter interface, please be aware that it is possible to connect the interface adapter cords in the wrong direction. For the 4-ft long adapter cord, the 6 pin square connector should be plugged ONLY into the back of the Interlink Plus Controller. That 6 pin square connection does not connect to the back of any R/C transmitter. The 1/2-in mini plug connector at the other end of the adapter cord should be used to connect to your transmitter. Use the 8-in adapter cord with the 6 pin square connector to connect to the 9CHPS trainer port.

Once you have the adapter cords connected to your transmitter and to the Interlink Plus Controller as outlined above, you then need to insure that the 9C is set up correctly for use with the simulator. Because that transmitter has PCM select ability, you must switch to PPM mode to use the 9C with RealFlight (for instructions on how to change from PCM to PPM mode on the 9C, please refer to the transmitter owner's manual). Please be aware that PCM mode will not work with the simulator. Only PPM mode will work with RealFlight. Also, make sure that your transmitter has a good charge on the battery because it will need to be turned on when you are using it with RealFlight. Remove the RF module while using your 9C transmitter with the simulator.

Once all of the above has been done, start the G3 simulator and check the Controller menu (Controller —> Select Controller) to see if your transmitter is now available to the simulator. If it is, you can then use the Channel Mapping option (Controller —> Channel Mapping) to calibrate your transmitter with the simulator (if calibration is necessary).

Please let us know if these suggestions did not help you.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Krysta

You may want to check that your 9C is in PPM and not PCM. G3 will not work with a transmitter that is in PCM mode.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta Hunt
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Futaba Service Center USA

ORIGINAL: warriorking

Hi
I posted this in the flight sim and did not get much help so I tought I would post it here, and due to the fact that the Sim is working fine.

Maybe someone can help me. I have Realflight G3 which is working well. I sometimes used my Futaba 7CAP and it work flawlessly no problems. However I just sold my 7C and bought a 9CHPS and I'm trying to use it with the G3 and It won't work. Normally the green light on the G3 would light up when I use the 7C which it supposed to, but with the 9C it didnt light up. I check the controller menu and it is not showing up. Maybe I'm missing or doing something wrong.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Old 05-22-2007, 09:52 PM
helifan06

Hello;

I had same problem with my futaba radio; my radio is t6exhp 6 channels. I read on RunRyder same recomendation. My questions are:

1. If I had connected the short cable to Interlink and long cable to my Futaba TX; will my Futaba TX be damaged??

2. I did setup my TX as per suggestions; and I did see my Futaba TX listed in the Controller's menu. Trying all the channels it worked; however; the helicopter doesn't spin. I believe; ruddler; pitch; aileron; elevator are working. In G3.5 pitch = elevator; and I don't really know what pitch on my Futaba TX correspond to in G3.5

Thanks for your help;

ORIGINAL: Bax

From the RealFlight Support staff:

The Futaba 9C has been successfully tested with RealFlight G3. If you are having difficulty making that transmitter work with the simulator, here are some tips to help you:

Because the 9C uses the same type of connector for the trainer port that the Interlink Plus Controller uses for the transmitter interface, please be aware that it is possible to connect the interface adapter cords in the wrong direction. For the 4-ft long adapter cord, the 6 pin square connector should be plugged ONLY into the back of the Interlink Plus Controller. That 6 pin square connection does not connect to the back of any R/C transmitter. The 1/2-in mini plug connector at the other end of the adapter cord should be used to connect to your transmitter. Use the 8-in adapter cord with the 6 pin square connector to connect to the 9CHPS trainer port.

Once you have the adapter cords connected to your transmitter and to the Interlink Plus Controller as outlined above, you then need to insure that the 9C is set up correctly for use with the simulator. Because that transmitter has PCM select ability, you must switch to PPM mode to use the 9C with RealFlight (for instructions on how to change from PCM to PPM mode on the 9C, please refer to the transmitter owner's manual). Please be aware that PCM mode will not work with the simulator. Only PPM mode will work with RealFlight. Also, make sure that your transmitter has a good charge on the battery because it will need to be turned on when you are using it with RealFlight. Remove the RF module while using your 9C transmitter with the simulator.

Once all of the above has been done, start the G3 simulator and check the Controller menu (Controller —> Select Controller) to see if your transmitter is now available to the simulator. If it is, you can then use the Channel Mapping option (Controller —> Channel Mapping) to calibrate your transmitter with the simulator (if calibration is necessary).

Please let us know if these suggestions did not help you.