Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

FF9 butterfly mix - flap servo travel

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:01 PM
ukmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FF9 butterfly mix - flap servo travel

Hi,

can anyone help?

I've always had trouble getting maximum servo travel on glider flaps (4 servo wing) when using the butterfly mixer. Setting the servo travel to 100% does not give the same travel (on channels 5,6) as that achieved when running a servo directly off the throttle stick. There is also a dead band in the lower half of the throttle stick travel (ie. stick movement with no servo movement). Changing the preset value does change the travel, but no setting gives maximum servo travel. I can get much more travel on the flap servo by using the programmable mixers, but need these for other mixing functions.

So, does anyone know how to set the butterfly mix to get the maximum possible travel from the butterfly mix?

thanks
Mark
Old 06-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FF9 butterfly mix - flap servo travel

You have to set up your control geometry such that you get the amount of total deflection of the control surface when the preset mixer is active. Basically set up the servo linkage so that it gives you the control surface movement you want, plus a little more. You can then regulate it down from the maximum it will move.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:41 PM
ukmark

Hi,

thanks for your note - I always set the link mechanics for max movement, but end up with less servo travel from neutral when using the pre-programmed butterfly mix rather than a PMIX driven directly off the airbrake (throttle stick). I finally figured out that by using the offset mix to offset the servo center I can get all the movement I need. It takes up and extra couple of mixes to do it, but gets me what I'm after.

Mark
Old 02-02-2009, 05:08 PM
deepblue12

ORIGINAL: ukmark

Hi,

thanks for your note - I always set the link mechanics for max movement, but end up with less servo travel from neutral when using the pre-programmed butterfly mix rather than a PMIX driven directly off the airbrake (throttle stick). I finally figured out that by using the offset mix to offset the servo center I can get all the movement I need. It takes up and extra couple of mixes to do it, but gets me what I'm after.

Mark
Dont suppose you could elaborate further on the offset part. I'm having the same issues and dont quite see what you mean.

Thanks

gary