Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Aileron differential on 14mz

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Shaneo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron differential on 14mz

I don't understand how to set-up differential on the ailerons. My model calls for about 6% and the screen is confusing. Anyone done this and how does it work?
Old 06-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Aileron differential on 14mz

To use aileron differential, you must have two channels set up for ailerons. If you've set your model up with the 2-aileron wing type, you're good to go.

Start out by setting up the linkages, and then the ATV and Sub-trims to have the ailerons move exactly the same up and down travel with the exact, same centers. Now you can go into the model menu and select the AIL. Differential function.

With aileron differential, you want the up-traveling aileron to move more than the down-travelling one. So you adjust the up and down travel in the aileron differential function. You adjust the AIL and AIL2 buttons with the Left and Right buttons. Adjust those until you have the amount of up and down travel you desire.

You can also add some exponential and total rates for the condition. The rate moves the endpoints of the aileron function. Offset adjusts the centering. The rate-setting, offset-setting, and types of curves works the same way as in the AFR section.

The main key is that you need to know how much differential you want. If the model's instructions say about 6%, then adjust the "up" travel to 106% and the down travel to 94%. Start from there....add or remove as needed. It's "try and see", and then adjust as needed. Once you start to work with it, you'll get the hang of it quite easily.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Shaneo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aileron differential on 14mz

Thanks Bax, I'll give it a try.