Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

changing transmitter crystals

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:13 PM
bluemagic98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing transmitter crystals

can you change crystals on a transmitter without sending in the radio? This question has been going around our club and ive allways said NO! send it in some of the guys are telling me that you can only go 2-5 channels some say 5 and some say as long as your in the low or high band. I think they are all wrong TX need to be sent in as far as I know. I have seen a high band RX FP-R127DF with a low band crystal ch 29 fly glitch free this troubles me and ive convinced the person to change out the RX.

Thank you for your input
Old 07-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: changing transmitter crystals

It is not legal for the user to change the channel in an R/C transmitter on teh 72/75 MHz frequency bands unless the transmitter can be tuned/calibrated to be within the FCC standards for R/C narrow-band transmitters. This takes some specialized equipment and expertise that the average person does not have. The equipment is very, very expensive (over $30,000 for a modestly-equipped service center), and training in Radio Frequency electronics.

Only qualified persons are permitted to change the channel of your transmitter if changing the crystal is involved. You ARE able to change out a module because that's a pre-tuned transmitter assembly. By FCC definition, crystals are not considered frequency modules.