Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12Z aileron differential

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 PM
jrpav1
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12Z aileron differential

I tried to use the "fine tuning" in the aileron differential setup last weekend and I can't seem to get it to work the way I think it should. I thought I could use one of the rotary knobs for fine tuning, fly the airplane, then dial in the differential with the knob. I can't seem to figure out how to do this and I'm an embedded systems Engineer. The instructions aren't much help here. I know how to select the knob, but it looks like it only works correctly in one direction (i.e."left" aileron) Also, some of the screens have an "offset" and an "X offset" value. What is this? I tried to get this working on the ground, but I couldn't so I just flew the plane and set the ailerons up the old-fashioned way. I'd like to use this feature so please explain what I'm missing here. Assuming i can get this working, is there a way to apply the fine tuning value to the mix and then disable the fine tuning knob? This would be great for setting up corrective mixes. Fly the plane, hold the rudder, fine tune the rudder -> aileron mix, then lock it in after you land. Other than this the radio is working great. I'm using my 9z as a backup now.

John Pavlick
Old 07-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12Z aileron differential

We're not sure of the difficulty. We went into the Aileron Differential function and set the amount of differential for the left and right movements on aileron and aileron2. For example, aileron for 100% left and 80% right, and aileron2 for 80% left and 100% right. We set up the fine tuning to LD. Press the cursor stick and you will switch to the page that will allow you to set the channel's AFR. Set the rate and expo you'd like to have on the aileron FUNCTION.

Now, when we exited the screen, we went to the servo monitor to see how it worked. It worked just fine, we could vary how much each aileron moved when we turned the knob. We could increase or decrease...or even reverse the differential from the starting point we set in the aileron differential function. Please note, that you can even leave the differential at 100% for aileron and aileron2 for both left and right movement, and turning the knob will still allow you to vary the amount of differential movement.

The transmitter does not have a feature that when you have 'dialed-in' the amount of differential with the fine-tune knob, you can just press a button or click a switch and those numbers are now your defaults. What you have to do, once the differential is found with the fine-tune knob, is land and go into the servo monitor. Move the sticks to full to see what numbers you now have and then set those as the numbers in the differential function. Then disable the fine-tuning knob.

It's best to manually put in some differential to begin with, and then fine tune that amount. When you get it adjusted, you can then put the numbers in and you're done. Disable the knob so that you don't accidentally change them.