Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

First radio system purchase.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 04:49 PM
fiberman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First radio system purchase.

Greetings
I have been considering my first RC radio system purchase. I have been flying a Blade CP for a while now and would like to branch out into airplanes and possibly larger electric helicopters later. Plan to start with a Slow Stick and advance from there. Will probably want to fly some electric ducted fans and build some electric foamys. I fly from a private field with no other RCs around that I know of. Would like to get a system that I won’t have to upgrade soon.

I considered a Futaba 6E but they don’t appear to have airplane “and” helicopter programming?

A 7CA or 7CH appears to be reasonable and appears to have the necessary programming?

Is there any advantage to going to up to a 9CA or 9CH other than two additional channels?

My Blade CP has a ratcheted throttle. Hope to fly both airplanes and helicopters with the same Radio. CA or CH system?

Thanks in advance,
&
Be Blessed,
Fiberman

Watch for my picture on a Wheaties box (or wanted poster) soon.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: First radio system purchase.

Here is the chart that compares the features of the various Futaba transmitters:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/feature-compare.html

You'll be able to see that the 9C has a number features that the 7C does not have that may make it more suitable for you. If course, it does cost more. If you perform a search in RCU on the 9C, you'll find that many, many users believe it to be about the best "bang for the buck" of many similar systems.