Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

3PK LCD display problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 04:31 AM
Mikse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3PK LCD display problem

Hello everyone,

I have had lcd display problem with my 3PK since I bought it (brand new, ~1-2hours on it when it did it the first time). The creen goes black like the contrast would be +100%. It does it every once in a while and goes away when I turn the power off and back ON. Has anybody had any similar problem and have had it fixed under warranty? I really need help/info because the 3PK has warranty left but the dealer/distributor said that once the LCD has been working, it brakes only by thrust(push)!!??

I have never done anything to cause this failure so I have problem how to proof it´s been broken since I bought it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11284.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	493158  
Old 07-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 3PK LCD display problem

Your transmitter has a bad LCD or a bad LCD control board. It should be sent to the service center to be repaired.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Mikse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bax

Your transmitter has a bad LCD or a bad LCD control board. It should be sent to the service center to be repaired.
Yes but does warrantee cover this that´s the question?! It should but like I said in the first post..
Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The interpretation of the warranty is up to your regional service center. We are the service center for North America....if a problem is not a result of some kind of physical damaged, such as dropping or some kind of chemical damage, then we would normally cover repairs under the warranty.