Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba reciever/JR and Hitech servo compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 07:27 PM
jigeye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba reciever/JR and Hitech servo compatibility

I recently bought a somenzini yak used. Gas powered with Evolution 26cc engine. It has the following servos/reciever combo:
JR ST 125MG {2} aileron {2} rudder
Hitec HS 5945 {1} rudder "Digital Ultra Torque"
Hitec HS 5245 Digital mini {1} throttle
JR- R 7705 7 CH 72Mhz Slimline PCM

I have no JR transmitter. I currently have a Futaba 6EXA radio.
1. If I take out the JR -R7705 reciever and replace it with a Futaba PCM reciever such as a R138DP-8 channel, will this reciever work with the servos above?
2. I am told the 6EXA will not allow for dual elevator trimming. Is this true? I was told I could get a Y-harness to make it work. Is this true? I've also heard JR ST 125MGs do not like Y harnesses. Is this true?

What I would like to do is keep my 6EXA and make this work as least expensively as possible. Any help on compatibility issues would be appreciated.
Mike
Memphis TN
Old 07-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba reciever/JR and Hitech servo compatibility

With the 6EXA transmitter, if you use a mix to add a second servo for the elevator channel, the second servo will not be affected by the elevator trim. If you need to use a "Y" harness, you would likely need to use a "Reversing Y" harness to make both elevator servos work in the same direction.

Many non-Futaba servos will plug in and operate normally with a Futaba receiver. As to specific non-Futaba servos and how they work out, we do not have any information on that. We'd not be able to comment on whether the servos you have are or are not suitable, nor whether they'd work properly with accessories, such as "Y" harnesses.