Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Synth module issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:56 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synth module issue?

I've been using one of the Futaba synth modules in my 9C since they first came out. I really like it. Recently though, I have two planes that are glitching occasionally. It usually happens as the plane passes in front of me and the angle I hold my tranny points the antenna right at the plane as it's passing. I know that is the weakest point of the signal but it had never been a problem before and the plane is only maybe 100' away at the time. It generally doesn't glitch at longer distances. As a test, I swapped out my synth module for my original fixed module and flew both planes. Neither one glitched in four flights. I swapped back to the synth and had a glitch on the next flight. None of the "hits" are very bad, usually just enough to let me know I had a glitch. I'm currently flying six other planes and two helis but none of them glitch at all. Some are one the same channel as the ones that are glitching and some are different. Both helis and one of the planes have PCM rxs the rest are PPMs.
Any ideas? I'd hate to give up my synth but if it's causing a problem, it's gotta be fixed obviously.
Thanks, Matt

I just thought about this. Different subject but I've been messing with electrics a bit lately and would like to have a throttle hold feature like on the heli programming. Is there a simple way to program this? I just want to use my same switch as helis to lock the throttle at a set position (idle) when I flip it irregardless of throttle stick position.
Thanks again,, Matt
Old 07-23-2006, 03:53 AM
chris elliott

Default RE: Synth module issue?

Matt,
I've possibly got a variant of your problem. See "12z range problems".

Chris
Old 07-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's possible that the synthesized module has a problem, but also, your receivers could be the source, if they are non-Futaba products. Some non-Futaba receivers just don't work well with Futaba transmitters using synthesized modules. The transmitter is fine, but the receiver's just not quite compatible.

This FAQ answers your throttle question:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-9c-q713.html

Old 07-24-2006, 03:29 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

I flew some more this weekend and both planes glitched even with the fixed channel modules. They are both Futaba rxs. One is the 148 and the other is a 127. It's just something about their installation that doesn't work I guess.

On the throttle issue, I was trying almost that mix but I had a critical error and that is why I wasn't getting the stick lock I wanted.
Thanks,,,Matt