Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 9cap programing help!!! p47-d 1/5 scale plane

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 06:20 PM
r1man01
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9cap programing help!!! p47-d 1/5 scale plane

I need to know step by step how to setup my plane to use flaps and what channels to use for each control surface. I have 2 airlerons, two flap servos, twin elevators, rudder servo and tail wheel servo on a y connector. i want to know how to setup this plane to fly with flaps on a three position switch. I also want to be able to use flap- elevator mix, rudder -aileron mix, and elevator- flap mix also. I'm just having trouble just like everyone else is on programing my futaba 9cap.

Thanks
Lee
Old 07-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9cap programing help!!! p47-d 1/5 scale plane

A step-by-step instruction for what you're asking is a bit much for a posting here, but here's basically what you do.

For 2 aileron servos, turn on AIL-DIFF mixer. Set the percentages to get the amount of travel.

For 2 elevator servos, turn on AILVATOR Function. Zero out the aileron movement of this mixer.

To put flaps on a switch, go into the AUX-CH menu (in the Basic menu) and set the flap channel to a 3-position switch. Toggle the switch to the 1/2 flaps position (middle switch position) and set your flaps mechanically to the 1/2 flaps position. Use the channels endpoint settings to set the flaps 'UP' and 'Full Flaps' settings.

For a flap-elevator mix, you need to use a Pmix. Set flaps as master, elevator as slave, and then adjust the % of movement. Put in a small amount. You'll have to determine how much mix you need only by working witht the model in flight. If a linear mix doesn't do it, because you find that you need differing amounts of elevator for each flap position, and not a linear amount, use Pmix 6 or 7, which allow 5-point mixing curves.

Us a pmix to set up your rudder-aileron mix..although this is usually used for knife-edge flight. It's not suited for a scale model. Same with rudder->aileron mix.

If you are using flaps on a 3-position switch, then elev->flap mix isn't really suited. You'd have to set the flaps up so that the middle switch position is flaps 'up', and one switch position would give a downward deflection to the flaps, and the other position would give flaps an upward deflection. IF that's what you want, then fine. but then you can't use the switch to control the flaps as up, 1/2-way down, full down.

In setting up any airplane, you need a clear picture of what you want to do, and an idea of what the transmitter has available. All of your functions are pretty-much stock functions, or very simple pmix's. Also, please check the 9C FAQ page on the Futaba website. A large number of things are covered.