Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9C Manual - Is there not something better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:39 AM
archiebald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C Manual - Is there not something better?

I live in Japan and recently bought a new 9CHP (Super) locally which I have to say is wonderful so far.

But the latest English manual I downloaded from the US Futaba support pages is pretty disastrous.

I have version FUTZ8585 v1.2. The explanations of functions really don't explain enough.

1) Is there nothing better than this, especially on helicopters? For example, the Hi / Lo Pitch trim is not even mentioned

And a further question,

2) I know you guys provide some really helpful mixing solutions here but it is difficult to find anything in particular. Is there a collection of 9C mixes anywhere that are indexed? (especially for helicopters)
Old 07-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 9C Manual - Is there not something better?

The instruction manual for the Futaba 9C that you dowloaded from the site of the North American Futaba distributor is about as good as is available. It does explain how the features are set and adjusted. It cannot tell you which features you may need to use, nor when to use them. It also cannot give you specific settings...those are totally dependent upon the model.

We'd not know what you mean by 'Hi/Lo" pitch trim.

As far as specific setups, they are a very large number of them, and there is no easy way for people to make them available. Only general descriptions of what mixers/setups were used. You'd have to determine the exact settings you'd need, yourself. There are several helicopter websites where you may be able to get setup help for your heli. Also, talking to experienced heli flyers in your area may help you.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:47 PM
archiebald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 9C Manual - Is there not something better?

Bax,
thanks for confirming.
The Hi / Lo Pitch feature in my 9CHP Super is set by default to the two VR sliders (D and E). I am not sitting in front of my Tx now but if memory serves, this is in the advanced menu and is specifically labelled "Hi / Lo Pitch Trim". As far as I can figure, when set up, you can use one slider to vary the maximum pitch and the other to vary the minimum pitch, so they are providing a trim function for channel 6 collective pitch. Personally, I couldn't see an occasion where it could be useful since pitch can be fully manipulated with the standard curves, hence the question.

As far as my Tx is concerned, accessing the Stick menu at start-up allows language selection for most major western languages (English, French, Dutch, German, Spanish) so it is not a case of my Tx being a "Japanese" version. In fact, the only language which is not included on the TX is Japanese.

I know that this is not the forum for discussions but as a "customer feedback" item, Futaba's overseas operations would do well to expand the manual from a simple "this does that" explanation to offering tips on how best to use a particular feature. After all if customers can get more out of the equipment, or if the learning curve is made less steep, then it can only enhance sales.

As another example, I also bought a GV-1 and even studying the two manuals and the FAQ on Futaba's site, I was hard pressed to know how exactly to connect it to the receiver and adjust it via the Tx. If I were using equipment from different makers, I could understand this but for a 100% Futaba installation, I find this situation amazing. (I have now figured it out but it was more by trial and error than by referencing the manuals.)

For the record, I believe the 9C is wonderful, just the documentation needs attention.