Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Clarification of 5014 Update Policy

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clarification of 5014 Update Policy

The policy of updating an old 5014 Mode A RX to the new 5114 Mode A or B RX seems to have been casually announced in passing at a flat fee of $115.99. The A to B 1024 chip update for the R129DP RX was absolutely free. Additionally, I don't really want an updated RX, I want to trade it in for a new RX. I would think Futaba could do better considering that the 5014's were sold with premium (expensive) radios in the first place.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Clarification of 5014 Update Policy

The change is not at update. Here is the word we got last month about it:

"As of March 21, 2007 Futaba has released a new software update which is applicable to the 12Z, 14MZ and FX-40 transmitters. Included in this update you will note that there have been refinements to the programmable mixes, servo monitor information and swash ring settings for helicopter pilots.

Additionally, you will note that this update will allow you to select between two modes of communication for the receiver. If you are utilizing the R-5014DPS receiver, you should select Mode A.

In order to take advantage of the new Mode B refinement, Futaba will be releasing an R-5114DPS receiver which offers the capability of operating in either Mode A (standard Mode) or Mode B (new Mode). If you will be piloting a model which generates a great deal of RF interference, or if you fly in a location for which interference is a possibility, we suggest that you select Mode B when using the R-5114DPS. This will reduce the possibility of interference affecting your model's performance. While the response rate is still much faster than most current systems, this will reduce the servo response speed slightly."
Old 04-03-2007, 08:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Clarification of 5014 Update Policy

Baxter;

Do you have any specifications as to how much better Mode B is than Mode A ?

Thank You